Father and son team with Ram Trucks Invitational

AnglersPress

Father and son team with Ram Trucks Invitational

Post by AnglersPress »

RamInvWinners-page-001.jpg

LODI Ca. - Working together to “get the job done” has always been a key factor of success in any team sport, and at last weekend’s Ram Trucks Delta Invitational – presented by Lasher’s Elk Grove Ram, the father and son team of Dave and Steve Koerber proved that fact as they out-gunned a field of 56 seasoned teams to capture the 2021 Ram Trucks Delta Invitational crown and the event's Turner's Outdoorsman Big Fish award!

“As a father, I can’t be more thrilled”, stated Dave, addressing the large crowd of attendees at the awards ceremony held at Tower Park Resort in Lodi.

I started out fishing the Future Pro Tour 15 years ago with my dad, and I feel truly blessed to be able to keep the legacy going, and getting this chance to compete with my son.

If I never win another event, it won’t matter…. as THIS is a good as it gets”!, he added.

Dave and Steve posted an 18.78 pound five-fish limit on Saturday (Day 1), which allowed them to be one of only 10 teams that would participate on day 2 in a reduced field of only teams also known as Sunday’s “Super 10”.

Apex Cup pro angler Ken Mah and partner Jason Austin took 2nd Place honors
Apex Cup pro angler Ken Mah and partner Jason Austin took 2nd Place honors

And they surely had their work cut out for them as going into the final day, 1st through 10th places were separated by less that 2 pounds, giving no team a significant lead, and truly creating a dramatic final day “showdown”.

A combination of Flippin’, Punchin’ and top water Zara Spook presentations, contributed to their impressive 2-day, 10-fish limit of 36.57 pounds, propelling them into 1st place, and earning them the inaugural Ram Trucks Invitational title, $8,000 in cash, and memories that will last them a lifetime.

Congratulations Dave and Steve on a well-deserved victory!
RamStage-page-001.jpg
We would like to thank all anglers that supported this event, as well as our key partnering sponsors Lasher’s Elk Grove Ram, Turner’s Outdoorsman, Gamakatsu, Navionics, Daiwa, R2Sea, Gone Fishin’ Marine, Johnson Outdoors, and Tower Park Marina/Resort as their unwavering support allows Angler’s Press Outdoors to continue to provide quality events for western anglers.

If you wish to get in of some great family fun before the summer is over, treat yourself to a visit of their newly renovated “Jellystone Park” theme resort and water park.

They have full RV spaces, great camping, beautiful cabins, a complete water park for kids, and more – right on the California delta!

Angler's Press Outdoors