Post by mark poulson »

jiggin4bass wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 pm It was my lawn mower :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Lawley

Re: I filled my gas tank today for $22.00

Post by Lawley »

Soon you will not be able buy a gasoline powered mower in Ca. Think I’m kidding?
Look it up It’s truth
I know a gallon of gas mows a lot of grass
I know one single gallon of gas can only pollute a small amount
I know California has the cleanest burning small engines in the world
I dare you to make sense of it
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Fossil fuels well be going no where any time soon the Democrats thinks they are but there not. The Dems know there done so there going to inflect as much damage as they can up tell the midterms because there finished after that and I n 2024 either Trump or Pence get into office then all hells going to be coming down on the democrat party. For what they have done.
Have no fear.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Loved that post as it makes me remember the pumps we had on our dock at Clear Lake when I was in high school in the early 70's. I used to laugh at them because we had to use a calculator to figure out the bill as the mechanical mechanisms(tumblers) in the pump only went up to .29 9/10ths. I guess it was inconceivable when they were made that gas would cost as much as 30 cents a gallon. :D
I agree with jiggin4bass that there is a tidal wave of good sense coming....Even Elon Knows you can't throw the baby out with the bath water and recognizes the need for all alternatives until our present needs can be met otherwise. Elon stopped making an electric commercial truck when they realized that the entire output of the electrical grid of the State of California would be needed just to charge his trucks overnight. I hope it shakes out politically sooner than later but am still grounded in the fact I am in the land of Oz presently with little hope in sight. At least I'm catching fish.. :mrgreen:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
rico

Post by rico »

Lawley wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:04 am Soon you will not be able buy a gasoline powered mower in Ca. Think I’m kidding?
Look it up It’s truth
The gas engine law doesn’t rake effect until 2024. One of my fishing friends works at a place that sells gas powered tools, riding mowers, etc. he said a couple of wholesalers have already stopped selling to California. He’s not positive but he’s heard that outboards will be on the list too
rico

Post by rico »

rico wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:06 pm
Lawley wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:04 am Soon you will not be able buy a gasoline powered mower in Ca. Think I’m kidding?
Look it up It’s truth
The gas engine law doesn’t rake effect until 2024. One of my fishing friends works at a place that sells gas powered tools, riding mowers, etc. he said a couple of wholesalers have already stopped selling to California. He’s not positive but he’s heard that outboards will be on the list too
I did a quick search and the ban will affect all gas engines under 25 hp.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Gasoline generators are on the list to

These morons want to over load the electrical grid and when there is a black out due to their stupidity folks won’t have a back up generators to run their essential items.
Camping generators as well
How will you go camping and charge your boat ?
I use a generator 🤷‍♂️
Oh dont forget your dirt bike and quads

Basically anything fun is illegal
I hate to bring this crap up but some one needs to say something. What is going on is so outrageous many do not believe it’s real. It is the truth however.
hydro

Post by hydro »

we had a state legislator in California years ago named Debra Bowen that was trying to ban virtually all outboard motors but one because of the state law previously passed adding MTBE to california gasoline supply led to our state's waters becoming polluted with MTBE that did not break down . This one legal motor was to be a "long shaft 9.9 HP model" This seemed really curious and when someone investigated as to why a 9.9 hp outboard would still be allowed it came to light that that Ms Bowen belonged to a sailing club and the 9.9 long shaft outboard was what they used to get their sailboats out of the harbor so they could unfurl their sails and catch the wind .
Ms Bowen around this same time was on a helicopter tour in the Sierra Nevada Mountains inspecting the state's hydro generation facilities but was apparently not impressed . She boldly stated the electricity generated was not worth losing all of the water used to create the electrical power .
When asked for clarification she said believed the water was somehow converted to electricity and disappeared forever and thus could not be used for drinking water or irrigation .
Yes they really are that dumb in Sacramento .
Lawley

Re: I filled my gas tank today for $22.00 is

Post by Lawley »

I remember the MTBE days
Some lakes requured you purchased gasoline from a select few stations