Fishing Blyth

Moose

Fishing Blyth

Post by Moose »

Anyone know where I can find some information on bass fishing in the Blyth area?

Thanks,
Moose
Guy Williams

Re: Fishing Blyth

Post by Guy Williams »

Some info I can give is that the canals are great for both smallmouth and largemouth. The river is ok if you find the right stuff(sloughs and stuff) but the canals are never hit very hard. All sight fishing too which makes it fun also. Nothin huge but some nice ones though.
Guy Williams
SOCB_HawgHunter

Paging Johnny Utah !

Post by SOCB_HawgHunter »

I have been there once, Johnny Utah has property up there he knows it well.

There are backwaters like the Hippie Hole and a few others that offer flipping and pitching for black bass.

Mainly it is river fishing rip rap and docks for smallies, crankbaits and spinner baits in eddies etc. When SOCB went over the 10 bridge the water was MUDDY, and if our experiance of river fishing is any indicator to Blythe fishing is probably tough right now!
Ron C

Try dropping...

Post by Ron C »

...an e-mail to Dave Willhide at <A HREF="mailto:yumabasser@yahoo.com">yumabasser@yahoo.com</A>. Dave is a buddy of mine from way back who moved to Yuma from So. Cal several years ago. He has a great deal of knowledge about the lower Colorado. Be sure to tell him I said hello!

Good Fishing!

Ron C
Brian D.

The river master

Post by Brian D. »

..will be checking in soon to give you the rundown on the river. Which ramp are you going out of? Water will be very stained and not good for sight fishing. If you go down river ... 15 miles(?) you can hit Waters Camp which is full of tulles and has slow water. Senkos and Ika are good. Main rip rap is good for cranks, speed traps.

Get a map or check the terra server to see how the river flows.