Oh great.....

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
offduty

Re: Oh great.....

Post by offduty »

Kinda surprised it turned in to a vs issue. I believe a brother wanted help with a problem and some thought Mac was an answer. I really wish we could respect the different opinions without firing back and forth.
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

ash wrote:
drrakruz wrote:
offduty wrote:Minds are like parachutes, they only work when open.
Rich
I believe I stated something similar to this in my second post of this thread.
yes but I think the meaning swings both ways.... I cant believe it but I am considering moving all mac vs pc threads to the political board... :roll:
Agreed.

Case in point: I am forced to use Windoze at work. I choose to own a MAC at home. I know the differences and similarities. For those who are comfortable working with Windoze at work and do not initiate an opportunity to even try a MAC is one example of being closed-minded. Not having the money to test-drive one is also a lame excuse to bash MACS. Just walk into any Fry's or Best Buy and at least see what it can do.

This purchase process applies to any product available on the market, whether it's an automobile, bass boat or an outboard engine.
Last edited by drrakruz on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

We back here again? :D
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

Yep. Bring it! Anyone up for ROUND 2? 8) Sure got quiet towards the end..........Anyone biting?
Sponsors:
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

lol, it was good while it lasted. People are too uptight around here, always serious and always gettin' pissed off. Loosen up a little, folks.

And drrakruz it's "case-in-point", not too sure what a "case and point" is.

MACs suck.

Andy
b2customrods

Post by b2customrods »

I've had 20 high resolution photos open in Photoshop CS4 plus a multilayer graphic plus a video being compressed for web in high resolution fire fox open with 4 windows iTunes playing music and and was transferring video archives to a 20 TB RAID external HD,
I run XP64 with virtualwin that allows me to have several virtual displays. I usually run four sets of dual displays. One set runs Firefox on left and Thunderbird email on the right virtual displays 2 has a virtual terminal running Ubuntu64 Linux across both displays where I do my web editing for my two websites I also do graphics using the free version of photoshop called Gimp for graphics editing. next set runs Quickbooks Premier and Quicken premiere to run my business finances. Lately I have been doing video editing using Adobe Premiere for a HD video for a memorial on the life of my last Golden Retriever. Lastly I use Adobe Soundforge for audio editing for my video and my recordings of vinyl to digital conversions. All this on a 2 year old AMD 6400+ running 8G Ram 4TB disk space the OS is on a WD Raptor drive running at 10000 rpm all on two 22" Viewsonic Displays. Your Mac aint touchin this.

The old saying that Macs are for video and graphics and PC's are for gaming and number crunching have been over for a while now. It is now a matter of personal preference.

The one thing that Mac doesnt do right now and it is due to lack of software is CAD! That is done on mainframes and PC's

PC's can do what macs do just as well as a Mac and visa versa. But I want to see a Mac do what a dual Opteron with 32G of ram can do.

Lastly what do you think all your websites on the internet are run on? Mostly PC's running Apache some are on Sun machines. Most internet Web, email, DNS, and SQL servers run on PC's mostly running Liinux the rest running M$.
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

Andy Lippert wrote:lol, it was good while it lasted. People are too uptight around here, always serious and always gettin' pissed off. Loosen up a little, folks.

And drrakruz it's "case-in-point", not too sure what a "case and point" is.

MACs suck.

Andy
Actually, we were both wrong. It's "Case in Point", no hyphens. I already said I'm here to have some fun! :lol: :lol: :lol: People with sucky PC's are the one's who are pissed-off and uptight because their machines keep crashing.

Here, I'll give you another "Visual" so that you can better understand what I'm talking about:

It ain't over yet...Are we having fun yet? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sponsors:
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Just what every casual user on bass forums uses huh? LOL b2 - yer funny. Hey glad to see you stepping up to Linux.
b2customrods wrote:
I've had 20 high resolution photos open in Photoshop CS4 plus a multilayer graphic plus a video being compressed for web in high resolution fire fox open with 4 windows iTunes playing music and and was transferring video archives to a 20 TB RAID external HD,
I run XP64 with virtualwin that allows me to have several virtual displays. I usually run four sets of dual displays. One set runs Firefox on left and Thunderbird email on the right virtual displays 2 has a virtual terminal running Ubuntu64 Linux across both displays where I do my web editing for my two websites I also do graphics using the free version of photoshop called Gimp for graphics editing. next set runs Quickbooks Premier and Quicken premiere to run my business finances. Lately I have been doing video editing using Adobe Premiere for a HD video for a memorial on the life of my last Golden Retriever. Lastly I use Adobe Soundforge for audio editing for my video and my recordings of vinyl to digital conversions. All this on a 2 year old AMD 6400+ running 8G Ram 4TB disk space the OS is on a WD Raptor drive running at 10000 rpm all on two 22" Viewsonic Displays. Your Mac aint touchin this.

The old saying that Macs are for video and graphics and PC's are for gaming and number crunching have been over for a while now. It is now a matter of personal preference.

The one thing that Mac doesnt do right now and it is due to lack of software is CAD! That is done on mainframes and PC's

PC's can do what macs do just as well as a Mac and visa versa. But I want to see a Mac do what a dual Opteron with 32G of ram can do.

Lastly what do you think all your websites on the internet are run on? Mostly PC's running Apache some are on Sun machines. Most internet Web, email, DNS, and SQL servers run on PC's mostly running Liinux the rest running M$.
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

Just because Lippert blasted the leader of the free world? Common ash :p
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Uh, blasted the leader of the free world? :roll:

Show me a "hippy-tree-hugging-berkeley-residing-hippy-moron" who doesn't like Obama, Tom. I'll bet you can't. I didn't say anything about our CIC except for the fact that the typical MAC user likes him. Time to tone down the sensitivity radar, coastie, and actually read what people write. Thanks.

Andy
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

Hey not everything is serious buddy. How many :p and :) and ;) do I have to put in a message.

With all due respect here are you are saying is you don't like President Obama and Macintosh OSX computers because the so called ""hippy-tree-hugging-berkeley-residing-hippy-moron's" like them? To me it makes no sense to dislike something based upon the fact that an individual or group likes or dislikes the subject.

I'm just saying I make up my mind I don't care if every hippy in Berkeley owns a Mac. Do I like hippys not most of the ones I met ... do I judge a computer because a hippy owns one? No that would be asinine in my opinion. I also don't judge what personal defense weapons I do or don't like based upon what right wing nutjob and his or her back woods militia prefer to carry. Again that would be asinine.

By the way being an American citizen, a coastie, fisherman and all around outdoors oriented person count me in with the tree huggers, I'm pretty proud of the fact I go out of my way to help with environmental stewardship.

This is strictly opinion and in no way meant to insult belittle badger or any thing else you may think it is that it is not. I have the utmost respect for you as a fellow service member and as far as I can remember we have always gotten along just fine.
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

Andy Lippert wrote:LoL, the guy talking crap about PC's is telling you to open your mind. That's funny. The reason that I'll NEVER own a MAC is because every hippy-tree-hugging-obama-loving-berkeley-residing-hippy-moron owns one. That's reason enough right there just to stay the hell away.
Andy
Andy,

Tom doesn't have to show you anything. According to this previous post of yours, we are both what this says. Quite the contrary. I can't speak for Tom, but BHO is not even close to being in my fav 5. I'm also willing to bet for every one of your "Hippy-Tree-Hugging- Bezerklyites", there are 10 conservatives like yourself who owns a MAC. The generalizations that were posted here are, yet another example of closed-minded people who are set in their ways. It is obvious we are not the "typical MAC users" that seems to be driving force behind this thread.
Sponsors:
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

lol...READ MY POST....AGAIN. It does not say that the ONLY people that own macs are morons, it says that every "hippy...moron" owns a MAC! Therefore you CAN own a MAC and not be a moron, but if you're a moron, you probably own a MAC. Do you NOT get it? If you own a MAC, and you're not a hippy-liberal, you're not even included in what I was saying. Once again, do you not understand? Maybe it's you who needs to open their mind, in order to become a little bit more educated because you can't even properly comprehend a simple sentence. :shock:

I'm done beating a dead horse...

Andy

P.S. MACs SUCK
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

Andy Lippert wrote:lol...READ MY POST....AGAIN. It does not say that the ONLY people that own macs are morons, it says that every "hippy...moron" owns a MAC! Therefore you CAN own a MAC and not be a moron, but if you're a moron, you probably own a MAC. Do you NOT get it? If you own a MAC, and you're not a hippy-liberal, you're not even included in what I was saying. Once again, do you not understand? Maybe it's you who needs to open their mind, in order to become a little bit more educated because you can't even properly comprehend a simple sentence. :shock:

I'm done beating a dead horse...

Andy

P.S. MACs SUCK
WOW! :o I can almost feel your blood pressure raising by what you are trying to get across in this thread. You can't tell me you're not having any fun now!! :lol: :lol: It almost sounds like you don't even understand what you're trying to get across. :?: :?: My bad, since you own a PC, you're used to dealing with frustration, confusion and headaches. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't give up now, It's just starting to warm up in here!! 8) Talk about "Time to tone down the sensitivity radar"....

P.S. MACS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsors:
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
b2customrods

Post by b2customrods »

Hey glad to see you stepping up to Linux
Hey Greg I have been running linux for years! I ran Linux back when you had to create boot loader disks to do the install. Before X came out.

As far as the casual user. I was showing that Macs arnt the only machine in town that can work on multiple programs and due graphic editing on 20 high res photos that Tom Atkeson was talkin about.

Mater of fact a PC can outperform a MAC These days no problem. The issues are with M$ crashing. I have seen a MAC crash and I have seen Linux and Solaris crash. Its just that Winblows crashes more often and can be attacked by a virus but so can Apples and so can Linux, Solaris, and main frames. Its just way harder to develop a virus for those machines. But if you run a good anti virus package and keep it up to date you shouldn't have those issues.

Im waiting for a Linux commercial to come out showing a Penguin coming out between the PC and the Mac dudes. I would probably die from laughin too hard.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Ya I understand. System 9 sucked as bad as Windows but I always found the hardware much more reliable, only due to the fact there was much less of a mix/match with the all the different vendor options.

With OS 9 a program crash caused a machine crash and a need to restart. When OS X came out it stopped that. If you had a program crash you just needed to quite that program. It was a huge improvement.

If there are viruses for Linux and OS X out there they haven't found their way to my machine since I got on the internet (using absolutely no maleware/spyware or virus protection) since 1994.

I never really knew from purchase to purchase how the quality was with all the choices from the Taiwanese vendors in the PC market. If you bought something 3rd party in the Mac market and it was bad, that product would be killed quickly through the printed reviews in Mac literature within 2 months.

Companies like Compaq only made matters worse with their integrated circuitry where - if your onboard video went out - which it often did, your only option to to completely replace the Motherboard.

The real test of the hardware was talking to the people that dealt in the shops that had both Mac and PC and finding out which machine needed the most repair. I shops where most of the machines were Mac such as newspapers, nearly all hardware repair was done on Windows based machines.

Granted, PC hardware has made huge improvements over the years and now if you don't run Windows on a PC you can get a very reliable machine.

When you say that You don't need Mac to do video and graphics anymore, the word, "ANYMORE," is key. Mac concentrated on these areas and lead the way. Everything Windows is and does is based on a copy of the Mac right down to the point and click GUI (graphics user interface). Mac comes out with Dashboard and Widgets on OS X with Aqua interface and opens Mac World with the slogan, "MICROSOFT START YOUR PHOTOCOPIERS", and sure enough Microsoft comes out with VISTA and GADGETS. Everything Microsoft Windows has every produced has been from chasing and stealing from Apple.

So when I do my Graphics and my Video, I'll stick with the leader, not the follower.

If and when Adobe decides to start supporting the Linux OS watch Microsoft stock.

After all, it's not so much a machine argument anymore as it is an OS argument.
b2customrods wrote:
Hey glad to see you stepping up to Linux
Hey Greg I have been running linux for years! I ran Linux back when you had to create boot loader disks to do the install. Before X came out.

As far as the casual user. I was showing that Macs arnt the only machine in town that can work on multiple programs and due graphic editing on 20 high res photos that Tom Atkeson was talkin about.

Mater of fact a PC can outperform a MAC These days no problem. The issues are with M$ crashing. I have seen a MAC crash and I have seen Linux and Solaris crash. Its just that Winblows crashes more often and can be attacked by a virus but so can Apples and so can Linux, Solaris, and main frames. Its just way harder to develop a virus for those machines. But if you run a good anti virus package and keep it up to date you shouldn't have those issues.

Im waiting for a Linux commercial to come out showing a Penguin coming out between the PC and the Mac dudes. I would probably die from laughin too hard.