Has any encountered these spaces in top and bottom lines of HDS 12

Moderator: Ken Sauret

arl3768

Has any encountered these spaces in top and bottom lines of HDS 12

Post by arl3768 »

Have two HDS 12 live units. One on bow and one on console. Got in March on new boat. Recently bought a new Lowrance transducer that has sonar and downscan to mount on Minn Kota trolling motor.
Sonar worked fine but I couldn't get downscan to work, Kept getting spaces in bottom line. See photo. Sorry I couldn't get photo rotated.
Fiddled with it on lake today and now getting same space on sonar. Getting space on bottom and top lines on sonar. See pic of top line.
Dont Think it is the unit as I can switch unit from front unit to read back unit and I get no lines.
Bad transducer? Settings?
Attachments
image (5).jpg
image (4).jpg
BigBassDaddy1190

Re: Has any encountered these spaces in top and bottom lines of HDS 12

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Is there something in the way of your transducer?
Ken Sauret

Post by Ken Sauret »

This is one of those instances where I would want to be in the boat and look at a bunch of settings to see if this could be solved. Where are you located? I am in Paso Robles. Is there any way to get together on the water? Possibly on Lake Nacimiento?
Ken Sauret
Lowrance Pro Staff
Lowrance http://www.lowrance.com/
Yamamoto https://store.baits.com/home
Dobyns Rods http://www.dobynsrods.com/
Yamaha http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
Personal Web Site http://kensbassfishing.weebly.com/
Marc

Post by Marc »

I agree with Ken. I have seen this before, and it was resolved by changing the settings. Some things you can start with is to make sure your sonar settings are correct. Did you program you LIVE to the specific transducer type you installed. The correct model of the transducer must be chosen in the Settings, Sonar, Installation menu choices. Also set the use of the LIVE to either Shallow Water Mode or Freshwater Mode.

There are network settings that must be properly setup as well so that both units talk to each other in the way you desire. One of your LIVE units could be trying to display one transducer, while the other is trying to display another transducer (hence the switching back and forth that is causing the bars at the top and bottom). In other words, the units are confused by the settings and are switching back and forth between sonar signals and downscan signals, hence the bars.

Hard to deal with by texting, so best bet is to do as Ken suggested, or else work with someone knowledgeable (or Lowrance Tech Support) on the phone while you have the units in front of you.

Do you have both units connected by ethernet? Another reason this can happen is that the ethernet cable is bad (often this happens with a new cable during the installation process of pulling the cable through the gunnels, and happens as a cable ages).

Hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Charles

Post by Charles »

This is exactly what happened to mine after updating to 19.1 combined with the HDI transducer. I had to go back to 18.3 to solve the problem.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Make sure both LIVE units are on the same version software, also. I know you probably got them at the same time but that in no way means they have the same version software. I am running the latest software in my LIVES with no problem.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
procraftpaul

Post by procraftpaul »

Been running a carbon with HDI on trolling motor with no issues. upgraded to the new Live and now I have the same boxes top and bottom but only on Down Scan. My 2D works perfectly fine. I put back the carbon to see what would happen and now my display shows the same boxes only on down scan??? Lowrance support tells me its the transducer and I would need to purchase a new one. I am only 2 months out of warranty :x
wallyandre

Post by wallyandre »

Thats a known issue and wll becorrected with thenext update (soon)