Hopeful new IGFA World Record Largemouth Bass

WB Staff

Hopeful new IGFA World Record Largemouth Bass

Post by WB Staff »

Hopeful new IGFA World Record Largemouth Bass.jpg
March 30, 2020: Meredith McCord holding her hopeful new IGFA World Record Largemouth Bass.

Meredith McCord, 46, has been fishing for as long as she can remember. As a small child, she’d sit on her father’s lap as he helped her cast and hold the fishing rod. Her passion for the sport is a tribute to her dad, Rick McCord. So are the nearly 200 International Game Fish Association World Records she’s set.

“My dad needed to be in Houston for his job in real estate development, but his real passion was family life on our farm in Navasota,” said McCord. “His goal was to raise his kids in the great outdoors. By the time I was eight years old, I’d caught the fishing bug.”

It was reaching triple-digits that she was gunning for. Before her father died of cancer in 2015, she made a promise to him that she’d set 100.

On Father’s Day 2016, it happened. McCord officially caught her 100th world record. For her, however, that wasn’t good enough.

“IGFA had separated the female from the male records, making the women’s records soft. It took years for the numbers to reflect a big enough catch to be proud of,” she said.

McCord continued working her craft as well as accumulating awards. “Fly fishing is a lifelong sport and education. Like golf, you are continually improving upon it," she said.

Full story and more pix: https://www.chron.com/life/article/Hous ... 197728.php
mark poulson

Re: Hopeful new IGFA World Record Largemouth Bass

Post by mark poulson »

Congrats! Good for you!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mudman

Re: Hopeful new IGFA World Record Largemouth Bass

Post by mudman »

This is so cool. Great job, congrats.