Humminbird 360 Imaging...my first day on the water

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

Doug Vahrenberg

Humminbird 360 Imaging...my first day on the water

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

I got to spend some time with Bill Carson from Humminbird after the FLW Cup and go look at the future of sonar...Here is my first images where I was in command of controlling the boat and creating my first 360 images...

It surpassed my wildest dreams of how I can apply it to real world fishing applications...Less than one minute on the water and here is my first image...check out the ramp we launched at and you can look in front of the boat and see what's underwater and what it looks like above water.

Here is some deep open water images when we were looking for Stripers.

Here we see them in front of the boat and know exactly with 360 Imaging where to navigate the boat to troll thru them.

And now we continued to navigate and they are behind the boat and nearing the lines we have out trolling for Stripers.

I have more to come and some video showing how the unit works as a fish hunting tool.

Never before have we been able to see what's in front of us with having to control a transducer. 360 Imaging allows you to focus on your task of catching more fish and knowing their exact position from the boat. The data at top is always in front of you and to the left is always to the left and to the right is always to the right and at the bottom is always behind you.

I got more to come but sitting in Atlanta Airport getting ready to fly back home...more images and video to come soon.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Humminbird 360 Imaging...my first day on the water

Pretty neat to look forward of the boat and see exactly where the Structure, Ledges and Drop-offs are... This is going to make it alot easier to fish Structure, Grass Lines, and Brush Piles without having the boat positioned in the wrong place...

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
humminbird360

Post by humminbird360 »

Great images you posted on the humminbird 360. I was watching the video they have at http://humminbird360.com and was curious about how much you have to tweek the settings to get the quality images they display in the promo video. Your images look good but the one in the videos seem very polished. What I would really want to use this for is finding submerged fish and rock piles.

Anyways just looking for some feedback from someone who has a unit before I go dump the cash on one.
http://humminbird360.com - Humminbird 360 Imaging
Doug Vahrenberg

You have a control on the Refresh Rate of the Image. The Slower you Refresh the more polished the images are. You can increase the speed to refresh the data like we were doing to help keep track of the fish that we were targeting. Humminbird allows you to decide the Refresh Rate and Image Detail...slower is higher detail or more polished images. Faster will refresh the data faster if your searching for fish or wanting to see the refresh rate faster. Lots of cool features in 360 Iamging and it's amazing what it will do...It's going to change the way I fish for sure!