Jim Joyce

Sports talk forum
Andy Lippert

Jim Joyce

Post by Andy Lippert »

Should just go kill himself. Quite possibly the WORST call I've ever seen in my entire life. What an idiot!
g-man

Re: Jim Joyce

Post by g-man »

Andy Lippert wrote:Should just go kill himself. Quite possibly the WORST call I've ever seen in my entire life. What an idiot!
That was a horrible call, a and Jim will have to live with that bad rep for a long time! Galarraga must be pissed! With a bang bang play like that, and a perfect hitter Jim should of called him OUT! :roll:
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

he was out by almost 2 feet! That chit was a joke. The guy has been an ump for 22 years.. even if it was closer you give that call to the pitcher in that situation. This is just going to bring a lot of heat down (again) on introducing instant replay on a grander scale.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:This is just going to bring a lot of heat down (again) on introducing instant replay on a grander scale.
I think Galarraga diffused the situation before today's game. His professionalism and demeanor during the whole thing has not let it grow into a bigger story than it is. And for Joyce to get out in front of it and admit the mistake, helped diffuse it even more. Imagine if he would have defended the call ? The firestorm would have descended on Detroit.

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_15220272

Mistakes are made...and Jim Joyce owned it.
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

Oh I be knowing.. I watched all of that all day long at work. I agree.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><