TS Joe's

DAKINE198

TS Joe's

Post by DAKINE198 »

In looking at the schedule I am confused, are there two regions? What is the next event?
Piru or Pyramid. And what the heck is "sandbagging"? I know what it is in bowling but how does it apply to fishing?
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
John Barron

Re: TS Joe's

Post by John Barron »

We pulled several permits last year at the DFG Smackdown, enough to make two regions, an Inland Empire and a So Cal Region. The Inland Empire included Perris and DVL, So Cal was Castaic and Pyramid. Then DVL closed so we had to switch some stuff around. Then we found out that Perris will not be launchable by the end of March. So we did the only sane thing to do without taking everything in the Inland Empire to San Diego, we combined the Inland Empire with the So Cal region and made one region.

I really apologize for any confusion and here is the official schedule which can also be found on www.topsticktour.com 2009 schedule

Thanks for your patience
John Barron

THE TOP STICK JOES
2009 schedule

March 8, 2009 Castaic Lake
April 26, 2009 Lake Piru
May 16, 2009 Pyramid Lake
June 21, 2009 Castaic Lake
July 11, 2009 Castaic Lake

For more information contact Ray Leyerly at 714-308-2734 dandr1@cox.net or John Barron 909-263-7185 jbarron@me.com

Credit Card payment subject to 3% surcharge
PayPal now available
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

Ray;

Jb and Ray;

Can you tell me how the points work for the Joes events?

Will all five events count towards the championship or will you throw out the lowest?
Is there points awarded to placing in so many spots down from from first place?
Is there points for showing up and participating?
Is there points for each legal fish you catch?
Is ther points for big bass or big boat?

Thanks for your answers to these questions. What was the maximum points awarded for the first event and will you post them somewhere? A couple of buddies from the bass club were asking because they were not able to attend due to the Fred Hall show.

Thanks; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

point works like this
1st place receive 100 points
2nd place 99 points
3rd place 98 points and so on
Everyone that shows up whether they weigh in a fish or not gets 5 show up points.
So Shane & Dennis have 105
Big Ed & Vince have 104
and so on down the line. The affiliated club will be awarded the same points as the active member.
I will post the standings here and on the site as well.
I hope this answers your question
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Thank you
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

all points will count toward the angler of the year. You must fish all 5 events to qualify for angler of the year. You can fish 4 events and still qualify for the championship.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Lance (SCFF Duplicate)

Post by Lance (SCFF Duplicate) »

Sandbagging in Fishing has a much different meaning than in Golf, Auto Racing or any other activity. To me Sandbagging in fishing doesnt make sense.

Example: A driver deliberately drag races or qualifies slower than what the car can actually perform in order to be put into a lower class. When the "real" race happens he pushes the car to its true potential to ensure an easy win.

This also happens in Shooting, Golf or any sport that has classes such a A, B, C etc.. Someone that is actually a A class shooter shoots crappy so he can be classified as a B class....so he wins more.

Waiting to weigh in last doesnt fit the definition.
Dan P

Post by Dan P »

Do you think that they are referring to a "Ringer"?

DP
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/dp105532/photo2-1.jpg[/img]
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

ding ding ding............. ringer
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Lance (SCFF Duplicate)

Why are you guys calling me a ding ding????? :lol:
Lance (SCFF Duplicate)

Ok here is what I'm talking about.....

Sandbagging:
Definition: 1. Generally, any golfer who misleads others about his ability level, claiming to be worse than he actually is at golf.

2. More specifically, a golfer who artificially inflates his handicap index in order to better his chances of winning tournaments or bets.

A sandbagger is considered by many to be the lowest form of life on a golf course. Sandbaggers can inflate their handicap indexes by selectively leaving out their best rounds of golf when they post scores for handicap purposes.

Then, when the sandbaggers enters a tournament, they show, for example, a handicap index of 18 when, in fact, their true handicap might be closer to, as an example, 12. Voila, they've just bought themselves 6 extra strokes off their net score, and lowered their odds for winning their flight or the tournament.
Sandbaggers are, at base, cheaters and hustlers. Golfers who are found out to be sandbaggers are often ostracized and always berated and looked down upon.
Winning a tournament or bet in this fashion is called "sandbagging." A golfer who has won by sandbagging is said to have "sandbagged" his opponents.

And from urbandictionary.com

1. A person who pads a handicap or acts as if he/she is at a lower skill level than he/she actually is so he/she can achieve better during competition that's handicapped or by skill level.

Thats it folks, Ron give me my Team Dead Money T-shirt :twisted:
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

I may not know alot about golf but I always thought of a bag of sand when sandbagging!

I actually used to play golf before i got married. That ended just as quick, the golf, so i took up fishing instead!

Later; Big Ed!
Last edited by Bassimus on Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
Team Fugowee

Post by Team Fugowee »

What's Golf?

Oh, I remember, "A good walk spoiled!"

Sandbagging and fishing. Waiting till last to weigh in so you can Show Boat. Theres another reason for sandbagging but I will keep it to myself for now.
I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.
DL

Post by DL »

Lance wrote:Ok here is what I'm talking about.....

Sandbagging:
Definition: 1. Generally, any golfer who misleads others about his ability level, claiming to be worse than he actually is at golf.

2. More specifically, a golfer who artificially inflates his handicap index in order to better his chances of winning tournaments or bets.

A sandbagger is considered by many to be the lowest form of life on a golf course. Sandbaggers can inflate their handicap indexes by selectively leaving out their best rounds of golf when they post scores for handicap purposes.

Then, when the sandbaggers enters a tournament, they show, for example, a handicap index of 18 when, in fact, their true handicap might be closer to, as an example, 12. Voila, they've just bought themselves 6 extra strokes off their net score, and lowered their odds for winning their flight or the tournament.
Sandbaggers are, at base, cheaters and hustlers. Golfers who are found out to be sandbaggers are often ostracized and always berated and looked down upon.
Winning a tournament or bet in this fashion is called "sandbagging." A golfer who has won by sandbagging is said to have "sandbagged" his opponents.

And from urbandictionary.com

1. A person who pads a handicap or acts as if he/she is at a lower skill level than he/she actually is so he/she can achieve better during competition that's handicapped or by skill level.

Thats it folks, Ron give me my Team Dead Money T-shirt :twisted:
Lance, would you care to give us an explanation of TeaBagging???? :twisted:
"Feel the steel"
Lance (SCFF Duplicate)

The term Sandbagging has been around for a long time, Grandma used to play competitive Golf when she was in her 20's (1930's) and she remembered the term, so its been at least linked to Golf for a good while.

Daren,

TeaBagging? How about Teabagger.......Well I looked it up in the Urban dicationary and Wiki

A tea bag is a small, porous paper, silk or nylon sealed bag containing tea leaves for brewing tea. The bag contains the tea leaves while the tea is brewed, making it easier to dispose of the leaves, and performing the same function as a tea infuser. Some tea bags have an attached piece of string with a paper label to the top that assists in removing the bag while also identifying the variety of tea.

In countries where the use of loose tea leaves is more prevalent, the term tea bag is commonly used to describe a paper or foil wrapper packaging for loose leaves. They are usually square or rectangular envelopes with the brand name and flavour printed on them, as well as interesting decorative patterns.

3. teabagger

Any guy who drives a Ford Explorer "Sport" (the two door model).
This espescially applies to Explorer Sport drivers with bicycle racks mounted on top of their vehichles.
Yoz

Post by Yoz »

Leave it to the Greeks to provide the definitions for Tea bagging....:wink:

Yoz
DL

Post by DL »

I think Lance needs an "Ask them Yourself" page. :lol:
"Feel the steel"
Lance (SCFF Duplicate)

Daren,
Ive been OCD on anything that has to do with Golf, Shooting, Archery, RC Cars, Music and Babysitter watching.