Jump Start Box for Optimax???

ACRon

Jump Start Box for Optimax???

Post by ACRon »

Looking for a jump start box for a 175 Optimax. I know the Opti's need 885 - 1000 CCA batteries and was considering a NOCO G40 Genius Boost 1000 amp Lithium jump start. Do you think this will work?

I did a search but couldn't find the info. Thanks.
Last edited by ACRon on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Ripa

Re: Jump Start Box for Optimax???

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Call them? I'd like to know what the answer is when you do find out. :?
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

I bought a WeeGo 44. Very well built, quality cables and has a flashlight and can recharge your phone.
Will stay charged for 2 years. Attach cables, has indicator lights to tell you when it is ready. Never had to use it ..... battery has never failed me. 2100 amps peak power, sure it will get the job done. Got it on Amazon for I think $130

https://myweego.com/product/weego-44-1/
Louie

Post by Louie »

I have the NOCO 1000. It is a well built unit and I have started a few full size trucks with V-8's. It has a boost power mode if a battery is really low.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I have had and used the Energizer jump starter on my boat (which is a rude that requires 1000CCA) as well as multiple starts on my V8 Toyota. These things are great and take up no weight or space in the boat IMHO it is a must have tool for all boaters. I cant speak to the Noco but being in the marine battery charging game I would trust them.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
DYOLLPSTER

Post by DYOLLPSTER »

I keep a noco 40 in the boat and truck. I haven't used it on my optimax yet, but I did use it on my old one ton, 454 last week after it sat. It started up. I've used it on a ford 5.4L also a couple times. The 5.4L ford started up right a way. The one ton battery was so dead the interior lights wouldn't come on when I opened the door. This gives me confidence that it will start my optimax, but I haven't tested it. I actually just bought a new starting battery for the boat, so hopefully I will not need to test it.
WRB

Post by WRB »

Your local Mercury dealers service manager should be able to tell you what is needed to jump start the Optimax engine without any issues. Jump starting engines that rely on it's computer to operate the fuel and electrical systems need to have the right voltage along with enough amperage to spin the starter.
Tom
jcchopper

Post by jcchopper »

Check out Nautic Sport. I have a couple Nautic Start 2's. I keep one in my boat and one in my truck. 18,000 mAh and 300/600AMP. They stay charged for over 8 months without a charge. I have had mine in my boat for 6 months without using it and was able to jump another guy's motor in a tourney. Luckily I haven't needed to use them on my own vehicles or boat but I have helped a few people on the water that had dead batteries and works like a champ. Very compact so it fits in the back deck compartment without taking much room at all.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I run the Troll Bridge which will charge my trolling batteries when the big motor is running and automatically "Borrows" extra voltage/amps from the Trolling Motor Batteries when needed for starting. It's a great set-up. I ran 3 days at Clear Lake with out plugging into charge the TM Batteries !!!

http://www.yandina.com/troll24info.htm
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
FISHLIP WASHINTON

Post by FISHLIP WASHINTON »

Troll bridge also. Great product
2013 RANGER.