Lake Don Pedro Fishing Report 1-16-18

Post by RCook »

1-16-18
On the water- 6:55 am
Off the water- 2:30 pm
Air temp- High of 50°
Water temp- 53°
Water clarity- Clear.

Michael Bryant and Ryan Orozco came up to Don Pedro to fish in a NASTY storm with me, and they were not disappointed! We started off on the main lake fishing a few steep bluff walls with glide baits and spinner baits, with a few fish right off the bat, biggest going just under 6 lbs. The reaction bite seemed to die quickly, so it was time to change up and slow down.
We started fishing jigs and underspins very slowly, but we continued to stay fairly shallow (10-25') and kept catching quality fish all day. The bite wasn't fast and furious, but the storm had the big fish up shallow feeding, and we seemed to get a big bite about every hour with several smaller sized fish mixed in.
Days like these are so much fun, when the nasty weather rolls in, typically these big fish become easier to catch and tend to move up a little shallower also. We ended up catching a bunch of fish, including some absolute fatties! The lake is starting to rise quickly with all of the recent rain and it should continue to be great fishing all through this winter! If you guys are interested in a trip give me a call at 559-691-7008, or check out my website, ryancookfishing.com. $200 for a full day guys!
Attachments
20190116_144713.jpg