Lowrance point 1 installation

Nick Langlois

Lowrance point 1 installation

Post by Nick Langlois »

Simple question,
Where have you guys mounted the point 1 unit? I swear I have seen people mount it on the bow. I hear that lowrance doesn't recommend that because of magnetic fields?? Any help would be awesome
TonyL

Re: Lowrance point 1 installation

Post by TonyL »

I have spoken with Lowrance Tech support who state - If it works run it ! Basically, checking any prospective area with an ol school compass, testing for magnetic interference is recommended. I tested mine, and found little interference at the bow next to the Ultrex heading sensor, but chose to mount mine at the rear, between cap and big engine, in plastic plate that Ranger mounts there. Saved me from drilling into Gelcoat of new to me boat. Works great. Can still use the "Heading Sensor" of this Point One for front Sonar, while using internal gps of front Lowrance Carbon for position.
~ Tony
Tony M

Re: Lowrance point 1 installation

Post by Tony M »

Hi Nick, You want to mount it as close to the transducer that you will be using. If you are reading the rear transducer, then mount it at the rear of the boat. Your reading will be more accurate that way.
If you are matching it to the trolling motor transducer, then mount it on the front.
Tony Mello