2 LSS Transducers

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Mitch

2 LSS Transducers

Post by Mitch »

Hope someone will know how to do this. I have 2 HDS 8's, one on the bow and one at the console, and the LSS-2 structure box with the LSS-2 Transducer at the rear. So, when I see structure on the bow I've already gone by it. If I put an additional LSS Transducer on the trolling motor so I can see whats under me at the bow, do I run it directly to the bow unit, and will I still have DownScan, or does it have to go to the Structure box, then to the unit ? HELP !! LOL
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
ACRon

Re: 2 LSS Transducers

Post by ACRon »

Which model HDS 8's do you have? Are your HDS units networked with ethernet? Are you running any transducers on your trolling motor now (older 2D)?

You should be able to add an LSS-2 and box for the trolling motor and plug in directly to you bow HDS unit and yes you would have DI.. There are several mounts out there. I prefer Transducer Shield and Saver.
Edd

Post by Edd »

You can not run a second LSS XDCR without adding either another LSS module or changing one unit to HDS Gen2T/3/Carbon.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I picked up a LSS 2 ducer and Hd module, but the LSS 2 is too long for the TM. I need to find a LSS 1. Then I can mount it on the TM and use the US2 for 2D also.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

Transducer Shield and Saver makes a mount for an LSS2 and a standard sonar puck on the front. The standard puck is a much better image than the US2.