A DB Map Of The Bay Names?

DeltaDan

A DB Map Of The Bay Names?

Post by DeltaDan »

I have looked through countless pages looking for a simple map showing the names of the bays in DB.

Some 20 years ago they used to have it on the back of the phone directorty. I still know Sandbay, Shell bay, Lido bay and Cabrillo bay- It is all the others that I do not know the name of.

Does anyone have a pic or pdf file of itt hat they can share? Please feel free to PM me if you do-- or email at SierraExplorer@hotmail.com.

Thanks !!

Dan

P.S.- Can anyone point out to me were Italian Slough is? That name is totally new to me and I can not place it on any map....
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Long Nguyen

Re: A DB Map Of The Bay Names?

Post by Long Nguyen »

Italian slough is south of Discovery Bay and north of Del's (River's End). Locate "Lazy M" Marina and you're in Italian slough.

It's a good, deep water slough.

Regarding the names of bays....I'm looking for one myself.
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Long- I recieved a reply from the DBay Chamber on how to obtain a map. I'll call some friends that live out there to see if they have one that I can scan. Image

The map in the Discovery Bay Private Phone Book published by Sterling fox Publications has the names of the bays. This phone book was delivered to each home in Discovery Bay late last year.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
To: info@discoverybaychamber.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:09 AM
Subject: Trying To Find......

DBC-

I have been looking endlessly for a map of DiscoBay that just shows the names of the bays.

Is there any way you can locate and share one with me?

Thankyou for your help and any assistance you can share.

Sincerely,
Dan
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

I have that book Dan. And not every bay is labled. FYI.

Long

Post by Guest »

Long,

If that's the case we should start creating names ourselves. That's how Amerigo Vespucci named America right?

http://geography.about.com/cs/historica ... merigo.htm
jamescaird

Post by jamescaird »

Hal Schell's "Guide to the Cruising the California Delta" (not quite sure of the title)... has a map in it with all the bays named. Great book on delta history...really good.
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Thanks for the insite Long.

I have also sent in an email to DBYC to see if they have a .jpeg or .bpm file they can share from their home page.

They always handed the printed ones to us for the boat parades that had listed the names of the bays. -- They skipped a bay every other year for the touring but I do remember the names being on the map.

If that does not pan out I will call the DBYH to see if they have anything they can share.

Last resort- i can send an email into the CoastGuard hopefully. I have looked on most all county maps availabe via the web that I can locate. ==No wonder there are people boating aimlessly looking for a party on the major holidays and weekends out there. :lol:

---- I gotta say that renaming them from a fishers perspective sounds very cool !! (25' bay, stacked bay, pipeline/culvart bay, clear water bay, floating dung stuck to $200k+ boats bay- ect.. :wink: )

Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

I found this on a realtors website. Not everything is named, but it's a start, I'm sure someone can edit names onto this.

[img][img]http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/ ... th_063.jpg[/img][/img]
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Dan, there is an older Hal Schell's Delta Map and Guide that is still available (Online Ordering) either off the internet or at some tackle shops and it is "the Official Map of the Calif. Delta Chambers & Visitors Bureau. It is a booklet form and folds out. You've probably seen it at Russo's or other marina's on the wall of the office. It's the green colored map.

Anyway on one of the fold-out sections is a map of Disco that names all of streets, bays and lakes.

DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Thanks Ken- I have not seen that map in quite some time- But I will look for it now especially as the names of those silly bays is killing me for answers now. :lol:

DBYC replied that they do not have one. The relestate offices I called can't send one email :roll: and the DBYH over the phone - said I can have a printed one anytime I stop by. Next time we are out that way in the boat we will stop in. :wink: