MinnKota ULTREX help/advice?

riverguy225

MinnKota ULTREX help/advice?

Post by riverguy225 »

Looking to buy a 36 volt ultrex.. I do not run humming bird electronics. What model ultrex do I buy? It looks like the one that costs more links with hummingbird graphs..? Am I understanding this right?

Additionally will my total scan just mount to the base of the motor?

Any help from guys who are in the know on these units would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
185vsfrog

Re: MinnKota ULTREX help/advice?

Post by 185vsfrog »

I would call tackle warehouse. I’m sure they can steer you in the right direction. They have great customer service and they carry the ultrex
Never satisfied

Post by Never satisfied »

Contact hawg on here. He will take care of you and give you a good price.
kmah

Post by kmah »

riverguy225 wrote:Looking to buy a 36 volt ultrex.. I do not run humming bird electronics. What model ultrex do I buy? It looks like the one that costs more links with hummingbird graphs..? Am I understanding this right?

Additionally will my total scan just mount to the base of the motor?

Any help from guys who are in the know on these units would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
You will want the 112 with Ipilot

This may help you install a long transducer. However all of the ultrex models that I have seen has the built in universal sonar thus making installing long SS type transducers Challenging or not possible.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Comfortr ... COMLS.html
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Thank you fellas!

Ken, thanks for the heads up on the transducer!
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

The Ultrex has the internal 2D transducer built in. The i-pilot link version will only help if you have Humminbird electronics. Get the i-pilot version if you plan on only using Lowrance.

You might want to look in to the Transducer Shield/Saver to see if you can install the Lowrance transducer you want to use.

Ipilot Link allows you to control the trolling motor via the Humminbird graphs, especially follow the contour lines via Lakemaster maps. It will also allow you to store a track on the graph and then trace it on the trolling motor. Also, you can "go to waypoints" that are stored on your Humminbird electronics. However, these features are only available with Humminbird graphs.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com