MONSTER Buck

basstamer

MONSTER Buck

Post by basstamer »

I delivered to a dairy in Fallon,NV the other day and as I slowed down to turn into the driveway the sound of the truck scared a MONSTER buck and a doe out of a ditch next to the drive. Now at first look I knew he was big but when I really started looking this is what I saw....now mind you I am trying to check him out and at the same time not tear the gate down with my trailer but he had AT LEAST 12 points (6X6) and was a good 20-22" tall and well over 30" wide...I s**t you not this was the biggest buck I have ever seen and believe me I have seen some trophy quality bucks out of MT,CO,WY,etc. He of course was a big muley and his body mass was consistent with his rack-he all around was an exceptional animal. I talked to the kid at the dairy and he said he is very bold and that when I leave to check out the road way for skidmarks....apparently he has no fear and walks right out in the road when he feels like it and the asphalt showed it! Anyways next time your thinking of heading out of state maybe give NV a second thought (also Northern AZ has some big boys!) I am taking the wifes camera next time I go back and if I can get a pic of him I will post it. As if all this didnt have my trigger finger itching enough-due to snow i had to come home the back way down highway 395-for those that arent aware of it there are SEVERAL herds of Elk along 395 south of Bishop,CA-holy crap them critters are big (and tasty!)
Scott