mother swimbait

barse41

mother swimbait

Post by barse41 »

theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
biteme

Re: mother swimbait

Post by biteme »

I think we have WAY better looking baits in the US. Just because it cost's more doesnt mean its better. I would rather fish a BBZ.
BTW he caught that fish on a live bluegill.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

biteme wrote:I think we have WAY better looking baits in the US. Just because it cost's more doesnt mean its better. I would rather fish a BBZ.
BTW he caught that fish on a live bluegill.
I would have to agree. That is a lot of $$$ for an okay looking bait. But if you buy one, let me know because I want to check it out :D
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
barse41

Post by barse41 »

kind of looks like a gussied up S-waver
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
JDG

Post by JDG »

It does look just OK out of the water, but the action in those videos is sick. Anyone know of a bait that swims like that for less $$? The s-waver=wakebait. I want one that will go at least 6' and swim like that Roman Made. Any suggestions?
bpm2000

Post by bpm2000 »

take a look at the Gan Craft Jointed Claw for a cheaper similar option, with similar build style/wide-swim.
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

i have been trying to get one of those for some time. I finally gave up and just made my own. They are huge baits and beat the crap out of an s-waver action wise. The one i made measures over 15 inches. I nicknamed it the kidney sh!tter. Cause when you cast it you almost lose a kidney. Thought my custom rod could handle any swimmer. :oops: Maybe time for another rod. They are very well balanced baits and hand crafted one at a time out of japanese cypress wood. If anybody can get thier hands on one let me know.
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
sker13

Post by sker13 »

I like the way it falls straight and level. Looks good twitching, slow and steady, all movements really. I couldn't pay that for a bait but I think the slow wide action would work well on the big girls.
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
biteme

Post by biteme »

S waver, did I say that out loud? SHHHHH
RMARX

Post by RMARX »

Very nice looking bait! But it is over-kill fish are not that smart! This is made to catch fisherman, though there is no doubt it will get bit, but so will a 6.99 original Optimum or a 25.00 Huddleston, you really do not need anything else...well maybe a wood punker!
sker13

Post by sker13 »

Now you tell me after I spent a boat load on every new big bait that hooked that hook me. :lol:
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
Matt Moreau

Post by Matt Moreau »

$300.00 for that POS! :shock:

I could make that out of PVC and be fishing it in 20 minutes minus the paint! It amazes me that anyone would consider buying something like that for such an astronomical price tag.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

Matthew Moreau
Mattlures

Post by Mattlures »

That fish was caught on that bait. That is not the world record. That is another giant bass that Kurita caught before the record. He caught the record on a live bluegill.

And Big bass are not only THAT smart but they are soo smart that that bait isnt realistic enough to get bit here. Mike Long took Kurita out a couple times and he kept throwing that Mother bait and couldnt get bit. I held some of his mother baits in his tackle box. They had teeth marks. I am not impressed by the action but my opinion means nothing if the fish disagree. I couldnt justify spending that much on a bait that I planned on using. I would just have to build my own. But I am cheap, if you got the money and want that bait then get one. I am sure you could sell it if you didnt like it.
premium swimbaits for trophy bass
www.mattlures.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I think that on some of the videos it looks like the bait is being led around. There's too much side to side for a straight pull bait that's not a walking bait/glider, and I couldn't see any line breaking the surface in front of the bait.
Then, again, maybe I'm just jealous. :wink:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
offduty

Post by offduty »

I have a couple of jointed claws that swim just like that.

Rich
Rich
Mattlures

Post by Mattlures »

Offduty, what do you think of them? Have you caught anything on them?
premium swimbaits for trophy bass
www.mattlures.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

offduty wrote:I have a couple of jointed claws that swim just like that.

Rich
Rich,
I just looked at the video of the jointed claw.
Those look like gliders with a tight joint, so the rear section moves just a little, dampening the side to side, but giving the bait some movement.
Is that how you fish them?
CLEAN AND DRY
offduty

Post by offduty »

Mark

Sorry I just recently saw the post or I would have got back to you sooner. I went looking for the bait after that last post and found 1 then remembered I gave the others away when I sold my first boat. They do swim in an s pattern but not as wide as the Mother bait, probably because they are smaller. I remember throwing it when I got it years ago and not being in to the action. It definitely swims different but I did not fish it much and never caught anything on it.

Rich
Rich
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

offduty wrote:Mark

Sorry I just recently saw the post or I would have got back to you sooner. I went looking for the bait after that last post and found 1 then remembered I gave the others away when I sold my first boat. They do swim in an s pattern but not as wide as the Mother bait, probably because they are smaller. I remember throwing it when I got it years ago and not being in to the action. It definitely swims different but I did not fish it much and never caught anything on it.

Rich
Thanks.
CLEAN AND DRY
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

My fishing partner and I have been making our own cranks and swim baits for the past several years....here is a pic of his "Trout Walker" made in his NorCal garage from cedar, hand painted. Great design and action courtesy of "DLure Baits"
Attachments
DavidsTrout-1.jpg
DavidsTrout-1.jpg (60.74 KiB) Viewed 4692 times
be careful out there!!! HAVE FUN!!! Wear your PFD.....It could Save your Life