Multispecies Day on CDA

ttb31183

Multispecies Day on CDA

Post by ttb31183 »

I've been back to Lake CDA a few times in the past two weeks. I was able to win the Spokane Bass Club event there and made another trip late last week. We caught quite a few smallmouth, a pair of largemouth, and quite a few pike. Overall, it was a good day to be on the water in mid-November.

We started off throwing swimbaits for smallmouth and I started experimenting with one on a VMC Tokyo Rig and it produced several bites including this high 4's smallie with great markings on it. We also caught some on blade baits and drop-shot, which are two "must haves" this time of year.

The largemouth that I landed wasn't that big, but it sure was pretty. These Northern Strain fish can really look good when the water is clear.

We also got into an area with smaller pike everywhere you looked. I landed one on a ChatterBait and then switched to a jerkbait for fun.

We caught around 15 and broke off a few times in about an hour. I have never really purposely tried to catch them and have to admit that it was a blast.

Hoping that the cold weather holds off for a few more weeks and we can continue our great fall fishing season.
Tyler Brinks
Fishin Andy

Re: Multispecies Day on CDA

Post by Fishin Andy »

Beautiful smallmouth, the markings on that fish are incredible.
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

Fishin Andy wrote:Beautiful smallmouth, the markings on that fish are incredible.
Love it when they get those "tiger stripes"
Tyler Brinks
CBoat

Post by CBoat »

The coloring on that Smallmouth is gorgeous!
In the beginning, there was nothing, then suddenly there was something, then it exploded and turned into everything in the universe, all by itself. OR In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.