Navionics Update / Download Questions

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Lugnut

Navionics Update / Download Questions

Post by Lugnut »

I purchased a Navionics Platinum + card in June for an Elite 7ti that was installed on my new boat. I only fish in CA, but I was told that the card I've bought in years past for my old units that stated WEST were no longer an option. This past weekend I installed a Hook 5 to use as a stand alone Chartplotter / GPS unit. I pulled the card from the Elite 7ti and installed it into the Hook, changed the settings to Navionics with no issues, It seemed to work fine....but I did notice the depths were off and several people and forum posts suggested I update my card. I went onto the Navionics website and this is what popped up.....

Does this mean it's updated? See the pop-up, upper middle of the screen

The info / pics displayed on my Hook 5, with Navionics Platinum Plus seemed to be the same as the info / pics that were displayed on my Elite 7ti with the Nautic Insight Pro card (came with the Hook)
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Edd

Re: Navionics Update / Download Questions

Post by Edd »

Nautic Insight should be ocean and Lake Insight is inland.
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

The Nautical Charts are the basic level of mapping and that is already on the card. What you want to get updated is the SonarCharts. So from that screen, drag the box to what area you want and then check the box for SonarCharts. You can also check the Community Edits box so you get those as well. Then click start.

SonarChart is the 1ft contour intervals and most up to date data. The Community Edits will show you hazards, fishing spots, etc. that others have uploaded.
Tyler Brinks
wallyandre

Post by wallyandre »

I reply to you on another site but to add on what Tyler wrote, youre card is a Navionics+ Preloaded it's not a Platinum.
Platinum only works with the HDS series.
Edd

Post by Edd »

The Elite-TI series will work with Platinum+ cards.
wallyandre

Post by wallyandre »

This past weekend I installed a Hook 5 to use as a stand alone Chartplotter / GPS unit. I pulled the card from the Elite 7ti and installed it into the Hook, changed the settings to Navionics with no issues......,
But the Platinum doesn't work with a Hook
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Looks I back in June purchased the Navionics + micro SD card, not a Platinum +. I had it installed in Elite 7ti, then removed it and put it in my Hook 5
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.