NBW Pyramid to be rescheduled

Brian Linehan

NBW Pyramid to be rescheduled

Post by Brian Linehan »

There will be no tournament at Lake Pyramid on Saturday, November 10. It will be rescheduled for either January or in Spring.

Thank you,
Brian
iornou

Re: NBW Pyramid to be rescheduled

Post by iornou »

What happened? Why is the tournament canceled?
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

I think it might have to do with the weather. There calling for snow tonight thru the early a.m. Record low temps 30 degrees with a high of 41. You add 20mph winds and your gonna freeze your arse off. Plus you add the fact that the 5 freeway might shut down due to weather.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

That's a smart move. Bass boats jack knifing down the 5 is an ugly picture.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Thanks Josh. Yeah, Josh is right. They just downgraded report to 40% chance of snow at weather.gov.

No bueno guys. Safety is my first priority. We will make it up in January.

Brian
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Brian,
Maybe you could change it to a slalom contest. First one down the hill to Castaic wins!
CLEAN AND DRY
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Whos Josh?
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Who are you then. Lol
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Buncha Chickens. Go fish for crying out loud. If you dont like the cold than dont schedule Pyramid.
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

No chicken here! I'm ready. Let's fish.
sniper

Post by sniper »

I really, really, really hope it's a safety concern and NOT a weather issue. Adversity is part of the deal, those that prepare and are ready will have their minds right and fish well. If you show up in a hoodie and tennis shoes a Pyramid and expect to be comfy, then thats on you!!!!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Typically, weather does factor into safety. :shock: You made the right call Brian.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The freeway going up to Pyramid can really ice up and become deadly.
A couple of years ago, snow was predicted on the weekend of our club's Pyramid tourney, so we rescheduled to fish Piru instead.
The day before our tourney, someone spun out coming down the 5 into Castaic and was killed. And they weren't even towing.
If you've never spun out or lost control driving over black ice, you have no idea how treacherous it is, and how easy it is to miss, until it's too late.
Brian made the right call.
When you're towing a boat down hill is no time to try and prove how brave you are.
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Ron you aren't even fishing this year so who's the chicken? Lol
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

Looks like a beautiful day out there. Should be fish'n a derby!
sniper

Post by sniper »

BLACK ICE bro, BLACK ICE!!!!!!
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

I think that I may lay out by the pool today. Oh wait, that may be unsafe due to the ultra violet rays. Was it supposed to snow today?
Why aren't we fishing? :evil:
And by the way, if there was black ice, the freeway would have been closed by the CHP.
Last edited by Keith R on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniper

Post by sniper »

Turkey Shoot in your pool from here on out the rest of the season.
Me, you, Ballesteros, Hugh and Doug.......
Winner take all
DL

Post by DL »

Brian, I dont know why you bother to run tournaments. Someone's gotta die before people are happy... For those that wanted to fish, why didnt you go up there and put in and give us an in person update on the conditions???
"Feel the steel"
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

:twisted: X2
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

DL, you and I have never ever had a beef, but I have to disagree. The weather was fine. In fact, one of the most senior "SUPPORTERS of NBW was at the lake((Pyramid) today and caught the s@&it out of them. There was no snow, black ice, rain, or whatever unsafe conditions that someone can come up with rather than..... It's cold, fishing is tough, and the # of boats that would show up would have affected someone financially . It's a bunch of BS. The guys that support the tournaments around here fish them all. The guys that complain about the cold, "unsafe" conditions get the vote, and don't even fish the whole year. There were plenty of teams that were willing to, and spent days and $$$$ pre fishing for this tournament that would have been there today, including Mark and I.
DL, did you you even fish NBW last year?
I didn't see you at the TOC?
We should have fished today! There must be more to this story that I am not aware of!
I don't post here often but this thing just chapped my hide!
If you don't want to fish, then don't enter. The truth is, cold and stormy weather takes part of the field out for the guys that can handle it.
That is part of the sport!
Unfortunately, NBW is the best thing going, I guess we'll just have to accept it for now!
By the way......that is just what I feel about this whole thing!
I am sorry for those of you who disagree with me.
If I have offended anyone in any way, I apologize. Alot of you know me, and I am pretty even keeled.
I just love to fish and compete, and weather is part of the sport. If conditions were that bad, the authorities would not have let us up the hill and onto the lake, leaving all responsibility on them, not NBW.
thunk thunk!
Keith
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Participating in a tournament as a competitor, with your only worry is catching them better than anyone else, and actually putting one on, which includes being responsible for everyone involved, is a whole 'nother deal.
CLEAN AND DRY
Matt B.

Post by Matt B. »

Brian made the right decision, always error on the side of caution. Give Brian a little respect for making a tough decision. No matter what decision he made, people would have complained. A "no win" situation for Brian.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

You and Bill should partner up Keith. Get over it. It's getting old. You know my number, call me.
Gills

Post by Gills »

WHOA...
CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY!
DL

Post by DL »

Keith R wrote:DL, you and I have never ever had a beef, but I have to disagree. The weather was fine. In fact, one of the most senior "SUPPORTERS of NBW was at the lake((Pyramid) today and caught the s@&it out of them. There was no snow, black ice, rain, or whatever unsafe conditions that someone can come up with rather than..... It's cold, fishing is tough, and the # of boats that would show up would have affected someone financially . It's a bunch of BS. The guys that support the tournaments around here fish them all. The guys that complain about the cold, "unsafe" conditions get the vote, and don't even fish the whole year. There were plenty of teams that were willing to, and spent days and $$$$ pre fishing for this tournament that would have been there today, including Mark and I.
DL, did you you even fish NBW last year?
I didn't see you at the TOC?
We should have fished today! There must be more to this story that I am not aware of!
I don't post here often but this thing just chapped my hide!
If you don't want to fish, then don't enter. The truth is, cold and stormy weather takes part of the field out for the guys that can handle it.
That is part of the sport!
Unfortunately, NBW is the best thing going, I guess we'll just have to accept it for now!
By the way......that is just what I feel about this whole thing!
I am sorry for those of you who disagree with me.
If I have offended anyone in any way, I apologize. Alot of you know me, and I am pretty even keeled.
I just love to fish and compete, and weather is part of the sport. If conditions were that bad, the authorities would not have let us up the hill and onto the lake, leaving all responsibility on them, not NBW.
thunk thunk!
Keith
Keith, we have never had a beef and i dont consider this exchange a beef. We just disagree. I have fished in the worst weather I can remember. Perris in 05 when there was 2 inches of slush on my boat and snow down to the water on the island, and Piru 2 seasons ago when it snowed all day long. I fished that season with my 70 year old dad and told him stay home that day so he wouldn't have to deal with what was ahead of us that day. Turns out the weather was even worse than forecast. Yes, calls have to be made with safety in mind...Brian got caught in a tough spot and made a decision knowing not everyone would agree with it and knowing the weather may change for the worse or for the better. It took a lot more balls to call it off than it would have to go up there and try. I would say he erred on the side of caution...

On top of all that, its just a team tournament....

I did not fish NBW last year...
"Feel the steel"
DL

Post by DL »

PS- Ask Todd Dunlap how he feels after his experience from saturday....and he was working

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dunlapfishing?fref=ts
"Feel the steel"