NUTCASE AT BULLARD'S BAR...............

Cooch

Re: NUTCASE AT BULLARD'S BAR...............

Post by Cooch »

Okay, 7:00am at which Luanch fellas? I'll see ya some time Friday night Pat! Coming as a non-boater, will have lottsa sausitsas and 4 jig rods!
sTony

Post by sTony »

Do we have a boat and non boat count yet?

Looking forward to seeing the Pol and Zeek again!

sTony
flipit

Post by flipit »

sTony wrote:Do we have a boat and non boat count yet?

Looking forward to seeing the Pol and Zeek again!

sTony

Someone posted earlier about the ramps. I have not been so I dont know the ramps. We are going to have plenty of boats again. But we should get a count either way. I am bringing my boat, and I know Tremont is also. I may have 2 friends coming but they will be one non and one boat.
Fishing should be fun.
flipit

Post by flipit »

Since Obi is getting the camp site, why not launch close to that area. Is there plenty of truck/trailer parking?
Fishing should be fun.
green_monster

Post by green_monster »

I'll be there with my boat and a buddy as my non-boater. If it's true that Dark Day doesn't have a dock than we really only have one option for launching. It might be worth calling up to Emerald Cove and see what ramps/docks are available.
"Work is for people who don't know how to fish!" unknown

http://www.folsombassteam.com
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

You guys need to consider a card system since most of the people going probably don't know how to release the air from fish like these and it is just for braggin rights. You will end up killing alot of fish if it is not done right. The fish caught in 20' are needing to be popped right now. Please be careful and don't screw up a good thing.
Jason Bubier
Concerned Angler!
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
sTony

Post by sTony »

Fast 492 wrote:You guys need to consider a card system since most of the people going probably don't know how to release the air from fish like these and it is just for braggin rights. You will end up killing alot of fish if it is not done right. The fish caught in 20' are needing to be popped right now. Please be careful and don't screw up a good thing.
Jason Bubier
Concerned Angler!

Are you kidding me? Seriously. I won't comment further but you need to get over yourself just a bit.

sTony
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

flipit wrote:Since Obi is getting the camp site, why not launch close to that area. Is there plenty of truck/trailer parking?
Never got the campsite, as my world has been turning sideways... might not even make it up to attend at this point. From the google map sat shots, it looks like there is lots of room to have the after fishing festivities right near the Dark Day ramp.
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Fast 492 wrote:You guys need to consider a card system since most of the people going probably don't know how to release the air from fish like these and it is just for braggin rights. You will end up killing alot of fish if it is not done right. The fish caught in 20' are needing to be popped right now. Please be careful and don't screw up a good thing. Jason Bubier Concerned Angler!
It's really amazing to me you'd come in here and post this, since there is probably more tournament experince, not ta leave out years of fishing experience, with this group than most tourney orgs see at any given event on a monthly basis. I can assure you, we've had plenty of experience fizzin fish, a number of us have written articles on how ta do so. We've also held more than 30 of these events over the past 14 years and have had less dead fish during that period than most orgs have in a 1/2 season. In this area, you have NO NEED at all ta be concerned.

I believe the only real concern here is, there's a group of anglers up in that neck of the woods, who believe they are the only ones who know about Bullards and wanna keep it a secrete, and are cringing at the fact it is being exploited by us on the internet for all to see.
Kevin Evans - Kap

Boater w/ a backseater already..

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

I will be there with a newbie from work... :) since Mac will be coming up with Sean (flipit)...
I ask that he fishes with me is all for he is new to the backseater protocol's and such...
Will be up late Fri staying at Yuba or Marysville???? any good secure safe places to stay is appreciated...

Hope this weather holds up :D :D ?

See ya there,
Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

sTony wrote:
Fast 492 wrote:You guys need to consider a card system since most of the people going probably don't know how to release the air from fish like these and it is just for braggin rights. You will end up killing alot of fish if it is not done right. The fish caught in 20' are needing to be popped right now. Please be careful and don't screw up a good thing.
Jason Bubier
Concerned Angler!

Are you kidding me? Seriously. I won't comment further but you need to get over yourself just a bit.

sTony
No Tony, I am not kidding. You can comment all you want, I am voicing a concern. Thats all I am saying, be careful. I am not saying don't fish, Just use good judgement. Those fish are not normal spots, if they are not taken care of properly they will die..

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

Cooch wrote:
Fast 492 wrote:You guys need to consider a card system since most of the people going probably don't know how to release the air from fish like these and it is just for braggin rights. You will end up killing alot of fish if it is not done right. The fish caught in 20' are needing to be popped right now. Please be careful and don't screw up a good thing. Jason Bubier Concerned Angler!
It's really amazing to me you'd come in here and post this, since there is probably more tournament experince, not ta leave out years of fishing experience, with this group than most tourney orgs see at any given event on a monthly basis. I can assure you, we've had plenty of experience fizzin fish, a number of us have written articles on how ta do so. We've also held more than 30 of these events over the past 14 years and have had less dead fish during that period than most orgs have in a 1/2 season. In this area, you have NO NEED at all ta be concerned.

I believe the only real concern here is, there's a group of anglers up in that neck of the woods, who believe they are the only ones who know about Bullards and wanna keep it a secrete, and are cringing at the fact it is being exploited by us on the internet for all to see.
Cooch you couldn't be farther from the truth, I know some of you have "experience" fizzing fish. But you know as well as me that if these fish are in a livewell all day with someone who doesn't know how, then they will die. I am not trying to keep it a secret, just saying use common sense, if you can't see past that then you really don't know anything about me. I am only voicing a concern for the fishery that many enjoy.

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
sTony

Post by sTony »

Fast 492 wrote:
sTony wrote:
Jason Bubier
Concerned Angler!

sTony
No Tony, I am not kidding. You can comment all you want, I am voicing a concern. Thats all I am saying, be careful. I am not saying don't fish, Just use good judgement. Those fish are not normal spots, if they are not taken care of properly they will die..
It's really not a concern, Jason. After all, we are having a BBQ/fish fry afterward anyway. :wink:

sTony
sTony

Post by sTony »

Jason,

:lol: There's so much irony dripping from your posts. You confuse us with guys running tournaments like YOU. You guys are the ones that have folks carting limits of fish around all over lakes for hours on end. :lol:

We don't do it that way. :o

Course you've never been to a Nutcase so you likely wouldn't know. But we basically set our rules when we show up and we likely might be taking photos and not holding fish for longer then it takes to take a photo. At worse we'll have a couple fish each for a couple hours at most in a livewell.

We're going to likely have ten or so boats and there's not likely to even be a weigh in, so what's your deal?

I'm looking forward to the next time you stroll down to the Delta to fish cause lord knows you haven't seen a decent sized fish in a while and you might not really know how to handle them correctly. :lol:

You break me up, :lol:
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Fast 492 wrote:Cooch you couldn't be farther from the truth, I know some of you have "experience" fizzing fish. But you know as well as me that if these fish are in a livewell all day with someone who doesn't know how, then they will die. I am not trying to keep it a secret, just saying use common sense, if you can't see past that then you really don't know anything about me. I am only voicing a concern for the fishery that many enjoy.
Well ya see, here's where YOU are wrong my friend. A fish in the livewell at one of our events, doesn't spend more than three hours in the well, We have 2, three hour sessions. Like I said, this group, has MORE experience than you at holding events, bass fishing in general and fullly understands how ta take care of our fish. You just can't seem ta grasp that and let it go. I mean, how much clearer do I have to be to you? How easy would it be for you ta just simply say, "Cool, glad ya guys got it under control, go have a good day!", versus continue yer rhetoric with me? I don't know you from the next guy, and for you to continue to talk to us about truth, common sense and experience, is annoying and laughable.

I'll state it one more time, you have NO concerns ta worry about with this group and the care of fish at Bullards Bar. If you should continue in this direction with yer rhetoric debate, I will remove all but the original three posts regarding you and those of us who have responded. Git it now?
flipit

Post by flipit »

Ok so Dark Day boat launch sounds good. I think thats the one that was mentioned in the other thread. If I understand the dam area has the marina and a lot of the boats are stored where the parking normally is. Can anyone confirm this? If not then we will go with this location. I will be up there at some time on friday but not sure what time. Im gonna look into Nevada City or something as a possible hotel location.
Fishing should be fun.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Fred posted earlier that there is no dock at Dark Day, only at the dam. That may be a concern for boats without a keel protector.

Pat
flipit

Post by flipit »

Pat wrote:Fred posted earlier that there is no dock at Dark Day, only at the dam. That may be a concern for boats without a keel protector.

Pat
hmmmmm. and the guy at the Dam Marina said they have very limited parking, perhaps we can use the dam and have a non boater run shuttle so we dont take up all the parking on the ramp.Ill be there friday so I can take a look around, but it wont give me much time to get the word out about launching.
Fishing should be fun.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

I am going to show up and go fishing. If I am at the right ramp (I will be using Dark Day as I am staying up the road in a Cabin) I guess I will be part of this. If not I will just be fishing for fun :lol:

Not looking for complicated right now.
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

my 02 cents..
I say we meet at Emerald cove ramp (dam) and if we feel we need the other lot and parking we can drive over and launch, after the pairings. Like Gary said I think its best we try and keep it simple as possible, no complications....
I plan on getting there early and launching the boat and parking it in a slip at the marina until blast-off... only one boat can use the ramp at a time.
The lake isnt that big and we can motor over to Dark day or whatever. lets just go fishing... :D

later,
Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
flipit

Post by flipit »

Emerald it is. Either we can head over and meet Gary, or better yet ha can meet us at the dock.
Fishing should be fun.
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Sean,

I am hoping to make it up there with the Dinkmaster and fish as a backseater...if I can get all the logistics worked out! :)

Any word on where people are staying? Not many options from what I can tell - camping or cheap hotels! Can't wait to check this lake out!

Thanks!

Rob
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

flipit wrote:Emerald it is. Either we can head over and meet Gary, or better yet ha can meet us at the dock.
Where do you plan to have the "after" festivities?
flipit

Post by flipit »

Obi-Hub wrote:
flipit wrote:Emerald it is. Either we can head over and meet Gary, or better yet ha can meet us at the dock.
Where do you plan to have the "after" festivities?

Perhaps trailer the boats then drive over to where your at, its just 2.5 miles down the road.
Fishing should be fun.
flipit

Post by flipit »

Topwater All Day wrote:Sean,

I am hoping to make it up there with the Dinkmaster and fish as a backseater...if I can get all the logistics worked out! :)

Any word on where people are staying? Not many options from what I can tell - camping or cheap hotels! Can't wait to check this lake out!

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Rob,
Not sure where we are gonna stay. Drive to a hotel somewhere I suppose. Of course I have camping gear and the weather is supposed to be good so I dont know. Was planning on doing the hotel thing.
Fishing should be fun.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I have a long driveway in a quiet neighborhood where you could drop your boats off if you are staying at a Marysville motel. It may be more secure than a motel parking lot. I am about 5 miles South of Marysville. Could reasonably park 4 or more boats and pick them up in the morning. We are about an hour from the lake. If you are interested send me an email and I will give you directions. p.dilling@comcast.net

Pat
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Pat wrote:I have a long driveway in a quiet neighborhood where you could drop your boats off if you are staying at a Marysville motel. It may be more secure than a motel parking lot. I am about 5 miles South of Marysville. Could reasonably park 4 or more boats and pick them up in the morning. We are about an hour from the lake. If you are interested send me an email and I will give you directions. p.dilling@comcast.net

Pat

Hmmm, do I sense a Pre-Nutcase Classic poker nite comming on? HAR! HAR! HAR!
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I'm in for poker Cooch..... I've never played before but I heard that it's fun :) I'm planning on sleeping in my SUV somewhere and will be there Friday. I'll pm you my cell number....

James Huffmon
Pat

Post by Pat »

I gotta pass on the poker night. Fred wants to leave from his place about 5:15 and I need my beauty rest.

Pat
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Pat wrote:I gotta pass on the poker night. Fred wants to leave from his place about 5:15 and I need my beauty rest.

Pat
Pat,
That's going to take a whole bunch of restin'. :lol:
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Pat

Post by Pat »

Wolfeman wrote:
Pat wrote:I gotta pass on the poker night. Fred wants to leave from his place about 5:15 and I need my beauty rest.

Pat
Pat,
That's going to take a whole bunch of restin'. :lol:
- Wolfeman
Ya, and it seems the older I get, the more I need! :lol:
Pat

Post by Pat »

If anyone is trying to come up with something to bring, I have not heard anyone mention plates, bowls and utensils.

Pat
bassnzeek

Post by bassnzeek »

Danny Miller wrote:It's sad thing that the lake will be closeing after this weekend. :( We are gonna reopen in August of 2049. That will make me 99 and I should be about done fishing it by then as after hitting the lotto I decided to purchase the entire lake. :shock: As for this Nutcase thing I got invited to show up and fish so here's what I'm bringing for you guy's. I got a big pot of what I call "Lake X stew" I'm bringing a small one burner to heat it up on and a long loaf of sliced bread. I got some napkins, salt and pepper and plan on trash talkin some more.I can pick up some bowls if knowone says they are bringing some. :roll: Man this stew smells good, Danny

PS:I have not hit the lotto till they draw my numbers.

I'll throw in the bowls and spoon and I have a campstove if it's needed. Just let me know.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Danny Miller wrote:It's sad thing that the lake will be closeing after this weekend. :( We are gonna reopen in August of 2049. That will make me 99 and I should be about done fishing it by then as after hitting the lotto I decided to purchase the entire lake. :shock: As for this Nutcase thing I got invited to show up and fish so here's what I'm bringing for you guy's. I got a big pot of what I call "Lake X stew" I'm bringing a small one burner to heat it up on and a long loaf of sliced bread. I got some napkins, salt and pepper and plan on trash talkin some more.I can pick up some bowls if knowone says they are bringing some. :roll: Man this stew smells good, Danny

PS:I have not hit the lotto till they draw my numbers.
What are you planning to do with it? Turn it into a wake boarder only lake? I heard you had been up there trying to catch some fish. I'll look forward to some of that stew.

Pat
sgvangler

Post by sgvangler »

Wish I could have joined the fun guys! The wallet said "no go" this time. :( Hope you guys whack em. Can't wait to see the pics. 8)
bassnzeek

Post by bassnzeek »

Old rods but new line :) Old plastics and even a couple of new bag. OK Rods and tackle, vest, camera, bowls and spoons are all in the truck, now where are the jigs? Oh hold on, Cooch will have some. :D See ya all in the morning.
bassnzeek

Post by bassnzeek »

Cooch takes TopNut with a 4.3 kicker, while Zeek took BigNut with a 4.9. Best part of the day was the "Fixins after Fishin!" Great fun, fishin, food and friendship by all. Cooch, where will the spring NautCase be? Like we can't guess. :D
sgvangler

Post by sgvangler »

a 4.9 and 4.7 spot????????? Wow! I like it! Can't wait for the Spring Nutcase event. I hope it does not conflict with my houseboat trip the last week of April. :wink:
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks to all for a fun day. Was good to get on the water with old friends and meet some new ones too.

Congrats to Zeek and Cooch!

Pat