TM Pedal Recess

ChadS

TM Pedal Recess

Post by ChadS »

I recently put one of these (Flat Foot) in my Champion and can say I can't see ever going back to not having the TM pedal recessed. What are others thoughts on the aftermarket recess products?
Derrick

Re: TM Pedal Recess

Post by Derrick »

I put a Comfortroll in my boat last year.I know what your talking about it's great, I only wish they made these products years ago.
Derrick
Ken Mah

Yeah, The ComforTroll is Amazing

Post by Ken Mah »

No more leg or back pain. Scariest thing was getting the guts to cut (or have someone cut) the hole. After that everything was easy.

Ken
ChadS

Flat Foot vs Comfortroll ? Ken

Post by ChadS »

Ken I see you always promote Comfortroll even when the conversation is about the Flat Foot. Should I have gotten a Comfortroll? What is different about it vs. my Flat Foot?
Derrick

Re: Flat Foot vs Comfortroll ? Ken

Post by Derrick »

Flat foot and comfortroll are both great products like everything else in Bass Fishing lots of chocies. I think that Ken is sponsored by Comfortroll.
Derrick
Ken Mah

Post by Ken Mah »

I looked at both before I bought. I even used a Flatfoot for a week in my buddy’s Skeeter. For what it’s worth, he changed his Flatfoot to The ComforTroll.

I personally like the design of the rounded heel section of The ComforTroll. It allows your heel to drop down into the recess w/out you having to reposition your foot. I just believe in the product. That’s why I pursued a sponsorship with them.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Is there a website for these products.
DanO

Post by DanO »

Chad,

First of all, to be fair, I am a Flat Foot Pro Staffer, so my product choice is clear.

Both will do the same thing, they lower the trolling motor pedal so that the angler is standing in a more ergonimically correct position. It reduces fatigue and minimizes awkwardly standing, which can reduce back pain during a prolonged event, or even a day of fishing.

As far as features go. Comfortroll sells the rounded version while Flat Foot is square in the back. I don't have the issue that Mr. Mah speaks of when using my trolling motor in a heel down position. With my foot positioned on the pedal squarely, it is not a problem.

The Flat Foot product line offers you two things, choice, and drainage. We have two sizes, one for the Motor Guide Brute Size (smaller) and a larger size for use with Minn Kota Maxxum and Motor Guide Tour Edition products.

The other thing to consider is drainage, when filled to the top with water, the Flat Foot drains in less than five seconds. Something important to consider when thinking about fishing in a rainstorm, or heavy chop, the trolling motor pedal will not be submerged in water.

All in all, both products are made with quality materials, and aside from a couple differences, will perform the same function.

My choice was a Flat Foot, and I am sure you will be very happy with yours.

Dan O'Sullivan
Flatt Foot Pro Staffer, Westernbass.com Staff Writer.
ChadS

Re: Flat Foot vs Comfortroll ? Ken *LINK*

Post by ChadS »

Thanks Ken and Derrick for the feedback. Ken that is interesting and congrats on the sponsorship deal. I know the owner of Flat Foot is working on adding some pro-staff in CA as well.

I actually first contacted flat foot back in 2000 or early 01 but couldn't get enough nerve to make the cut. My buddy put a Comfortroll in his Viper about a year ago and after using it I decided to try the flat foot and he could help me install it. He fished with me over the last weekend and just this morning ordered a flat foot to replace his comfortroll. We liked the added heel room we got from the flat foot as well as the larger diameter drain line. When fishing to the side of the boat I felt I didn't have to turn my foot straight forward and could actually operate the pedal with my foot slightly sideways on the pedal control. This was something I couldn't do with the comfortroll. However, I agree with Derrick, both are great products.

Stan the link below will get you to the flat foot but I did find them on ebay for about 20 dollars less. Don't recall the sellers name.

Flat Foot
Derrick

Re: TM Pedal Recess-they both are good products

Post by Derrick »

You guys are funny always throwing the pro -staff thing in-like that is going to make one product better than the other.HA! These are both great products that allow you to have better balacnce in the boat and have less back pain.
Derrick Mathews
No Pro-Staff
just a fisherman
DanO

Derrick - Doesn't add anything for the product...

Post by DanO »

Not trying to be funny, and not trying to show off either. It is a way of being honest, notifying the reader that there is a bias, that our information comes from experience with the product and the manufacturer.

A Pro Staffer's name doesn't make a product better because he is associated with it. The intent of Pro Staff is to promote to the angling public by force, as well as to lend credibility to a product by association with big names and industry experts.

I personally put my "title" in there to show that my comments come from a slanted point of view, that way the reader has an educated point of reference from which to categorize the information, not to be funny, it is the proper thing to do.

Dan O'Sullivan
Pro Staff Apologist (Now that's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny right there)