B.J. Penn!!!

Sports talk forum
Alex M.

B.J. Penn!!!

Post by Alex M. »

Abso-friggin-lutely WORKED Sanchez. Domination at it's best.

Nothing funnier than Sanchez's self-affirmation ego trippin BS on the way to the octagon..."YESSSSS"..."YESSSS"

What's next for B.J. ? GSP again? Is there anyone left that's worth him fighting?

Dude is a true champ. That training with Marinovich's pops paid off......
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
sTony

Re: B.J. Penn!!!

Post by sTony »

There's no lightweight in the UFC left for him to fight that's for sure. Shinya Aoki maybe, but I think Penn eats his lunch too. He can sit in this weight class and dominate for a long time to come if he chooses.

sTony
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Aoki, Maynard, K-Flo, and Frankie Edgar are pretty much all "appetizers" for B.J.

I'd really enjoy seeing Matt Hughes step-up again. That might be worth a $#it???

I think having B.J. beef up a little and having GSP slim down a little, then having them both meet somewhere in the middle would be amazing if it's even possible(wishful thinking) :wink:
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

As much as I love BJ Penn... if he moves up on weight he doing to be OVER matched against GSP. GSP will still weigh in excess of 20lbs more than BJ and his takedowns are relentless! GSP owns the WW division but as far as I am concerned he doesn't FINISH fights and I get VERY BORED watching him fight.

A Silva, Lyoto, GSP have been boring champs. exciting to watch getting their belts but since winning them they seem to take the EASY safe way to a win.

Penn on the other hand doesn't care... he fights HARDER and more brutal than without the belt. Aoki would be no test to BJ and no other person in UFC's LW division posses a threat.

Penn will dominate the division and the majority of the WW division until he meets GSP again. UNLESS BJ can bulk up and gain an additional 20lbs of muscle and make weight!
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

I think if BJ bulks up it's really gonna hinder/affect his flexibility and speed. But then again....he may just get REALLY bored of stagnating at 155 with no real competition in sight....
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

yes I agree. I don't know....BJ is a freak. I think if he'd put on some mass he'd still be flexible and do JUST fine. He's already bulking up! Look at his back.... he's got the Christmas Tree going now days!