Please give your opinion on

Jim Conlow Sr.

Please give your opinion on

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

What current tournament bass fisherman has earned the most money from the sport of bass fishing?

Jim
Skeeterman

Re: Please give your opinion on

Post by Skeeterman »

I would think it be FLW tour.
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

They guy who invented the Flying Lure and marketed it made millions. $MILLIONS.
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

At least that's what we're told about the Flying Lure. Whatever he made, I think most of it came between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Topnut3

Post by Topnut3 »

my guess- Gary Yamamoto or Roland Martin, both have done very well off the water.
Elmhurst Bassman

Post by Elmhurst Bassman »

All-time would be Roland Martin Hands down-Current fisherman? I would have to go with Denny Brauer. Also, David Dudley has won a ton of cash on the FLW tour. Guys Like Gary Yamamoto, Bill Dance, Hank Parker and Jimmy Houston will live quite comfortably without ever winning or fishing another tournament.
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

> At least that's what we're told about the
> Flying Lure. Whatever he made, I think most
> of it came between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.

If im correct, Johnny Morris of the Bass Pro Shops started as a pro but he no longer fishes competes in Tournaments.Just my thoughts.
Ray Vanacore
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

I'd vote for Gary Yamamoto...his Senko sales the last few years have got to be in the gazillions.
Other contender would be Johnny Morris, whose Bass Pro Shops has been a leading retailer for several decades. Lesson learned: It's the off water activity (sales) that yields the big bucks, not the tournament winnings.
...RogerB
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Obviously there are many that make more than an adequate income from fishing and fishing related industries..Right off the bat I would think those that are involved in fishing related industries are the people gaining the greatest income..In that area you would have to include Gary Yamamoto, Johnny Morris, Forrest Wood (though he is no longer the owner of Ranger boats), and maybe even Ray Scott(even though he no longer owns BASS)..As far as those that are currently fishing on one or both of the major circuits, I would think it is the individual with the most agreements with manufacturers for using their signatures and pictures and names in association with their products..Advertising is where the money is..

mac
Chris Maun

Rick Clunn *NM*

Post by Chris Maun »

RogerB

RTP: Key word is "current"

Post by RogerB »

Jim's original query asked about the current tournament anglers, so our candidates ought to be those who are currently competing on one or more of the various tournament circuits AND who have made the most money from the sport of bass fishing. I'll stick with my vote for Gary Yamamoto.
...RogerB
Bill K

Re: RTP: Key word is "current"

Post by Bill K »

I would agree, with money made, current pro and $$$ from Bass industry. Gary Yamamoto. Current pro making highest money from tour, I would say either Denny Brauer or Roland Martin. Bill K
Ron C

If you are only talking tournament winnings...

Post by Ron C »

...this is how it stands (if you only count B.A.S.S. & FLW):

Rick Clunn - $2,504,794.50 (plus another $100,000 for TWO U.S. Open victories!)
Larry Nixon - $2,117,908.60
Denny Brauer - $2,014,526.80
Roland Martin - $1,124,367.20

If you include retail sales, I'm willing to bet that Gary Yamamoto wins hands down (and that's not including his Kobe beef sales @ $50 a pound!).

Good Fishing!

Ron C