Fishin' Magician and Revenge Come to an Agreement

Ron C

Fishin' Magician and Revenge Come to an Agreement

Post by Ron C »

I am happy to report that owners of Fishin’ Magician Tackle Company and Revenge Baits had a meeting at the Sacramento ISE show and came to an agreement regarding their respective lure companies.

After acknowledging that the VooDoo head had, in fact, been copied from Revenge Baits, the owner of Fishin’ Magician agreed to make some minor changes to his baits, which was acceptable to the owner of Revenge Baits. The meeting was held in the presence of several very credible on-lookers.

It is great that this situation could be worked out amicably rather than through the courts. My hat is off to both of these fine gentlemen.
TopH2o

Re: Fishin' Magician and Revenge Come to an Agreement

Post by TopH2o »

You mean my man Ray "made him an offer he could'nt refuse"or better yet " say hello to my littole friend. " :shock:
Norv

Post by Norv »

It great that the Fishin' Magician Tackle Co. and Revenge have reached an agreement. The Voo-Doo Bait is a fantastic lure and provides many improvements over the original chatter bait design. The blade is much larger which provides more vibration and the blade's stainless steel construction makes them much stronger. The Gamakatsu hook is sharper and much bigger than others. The Voo-Doo Bait was used by Mike Tuck to attain his third place finish at the recent FLW event at Shasta. Mike's success at Lake Shasta proved that the Voo-Doo Bait can catch fish in deep water impounds under cold water conditions. You can check out the quality of the Voo-Doo Bait and order them at www.fishinmagiciantackle.com.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

Ron,

Fishin Magician Tackle Co "FMTCâ€
Ron C

Wow. Why the hostility?

Post by Ron C »

It is great that this situation could be worked out amicably rather than through the courts. My hat is off to both of these fine gentlemen.
My post was merely to share with everyone the good news that this issue has been resolved, not to start a feud with anyone.
Gary Dobyns

I happen to be there for this conversation.

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Everything was worked out between the parties. The Voodoo bait will be changed as was the agreement. Revenge Baits will continue to build his baits as always. This should not be a topic here because it is a dead issue and does not need to flame up again. Ron C. you get 50 lashes with a wet noodle.
Ron C

You are right, Gary.

Post by Ron C »

My apologies to all.

Ron C
dpearson

Re: You are right, Gary.

Post by dpearson »

Good to see this has been resolved. I never respond to these forums, but felt it was time to weigh in. Chris Peterson at Fishin' Magician is a sponsor of mine, but more importantly a good friend. I have to say that he handled this whole thing with class, especially after receiving threatening phone calls at home from Revenge that referred to Chris "getting his throat torn out" at the IFE show. Chris is no way was legally obligated to change his design due to A. there is no patent for Revenge heads and B. the heads are not the same. However, Chris decided he would be the bigger man and do what he needed to do to make peace between the two companies. In closing, I have let it be known that I have been a big fan of Revenge spinnerbaits and been fishing the baits for a long time. However, after seeing the way Revenge handled this whole situation (i.e. multiple threatening calls to Fishin' Magician, hearing how Revenge feels about their customers) I will never purchase another Revenge product again. There are also a lot of my tournament buddies who feel the same way. As much as I like the product, there are a lot of other companies out there I can purchase from that I am sure are ran in a more professional and courteous manner. God bless.
Gary Dobyns

dpearson. It is posts like this that stirs the shi*

Post by Gary Dobyns »

It is bull shi* that you make a post like this. There are always two sides to a story. Who is right or wrong doesn't matter. Both sides shook hands and parted in a freindly laughing manner. It is post like yours that stirs shi* up. Chris and Ray have this behind them. Please let it stay there. Both of these men are good guys doing business in our sport. Again, please let this die.
dpearson

Re: dpearson. It is posts like this that stirs the shi*

Post by dpearson »

Hey Gary, you have a right to your opinion, just like I have a right to mine. Things could not have been that light hearted when the law had to get involved. I know pretty well everything that went down from the beginning and it was ugly from the start. As I stated earlier, I didn't appreciate the way things were handled. Chris is like family to me and you always back your family don't you. However, I do agree with you that it's over and time to let it go. If Revenge and FM are OK, then I guess you're right that this is a dead issue. God bless.