Al where were you and Rex on Sat.??????????? *NM*

Pete Marino

Al where were you and Rex on Sat.??????????? *NM*

Post by Pete Marino »

Gerry Mahieu

Re: Al where were you and Rex on Sat.???????????

Post by Gerry Mahieu »

Hey Pete, I talked them into fishing the SWBA out of D.P. I think they are burnt on Perris. They ended up placing one out of the $ and Pharmer phil and I bombed. These saltwater tourneys are a blast!...$50.00 per team and a different location with rule restrictions at and for every event. How was it?
Al M

Post by Al M »

yup Gerrys right we fished the salty bass on sat.We would have placed in the money but we had a QUITTER in our limit and got deducted 1/2 pound OUCH.I can honestly say I got the Perris Blues now I know how Tom felt a few years back.I have no desire to qualify for Mead for the 10th or so time so we decided to shine the rest of the ABA's but the game is still on for wonbass and Havasu. Those salty bass are alot funner considering all the by catch, it was a calico only tourney but we had a blast catching sand bass to 5#,3 lings and so on.So Pete shoot me an email and will go out there and pull on some real fish.
Brian Linehan

Al, fish DV. Why do you think Kev and I don't fish Perris an

Post by Brian Linehan »

Pete Marino

Post by Pete Marino »

The bite at perris was really good. Carissa and I caught about 25 fish, just nothing real big. I lost one on the dropshot that would have went about 3 1/2- 3 3/4lbs. It just came unbuttoned so that sucked because it would have easily put us in the money. We caught alot of sight fish and alot of prespawn males. It was nice to be out in my new boat though. Pete Marino
Guy Williams

Hey I know..............

Post by Guy Williams »

Pete and I will fish the next one in his shinny new boat. Oh, maybe not. I would like to do one or two. I used to live on Balboa Island a while back and have a blast with the bay bass and sandys with a few calico's mixed in. I'm game if someone needs a partner.
Guy Williams
Al M

Re: Hey I know..............

Post by Al M »

If you guys ever want to go out let me know it sure is a nice change of pace from the green bass.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

I used to fish newport harbor at night all the time. It's a blast!! All on 6 and 8 pound test with grubs and small swimbaits.
Guy Williams
Ray L

Post by Ray L »

have you ever tried cranks or spinnerbaits over the eel grass.It is so much fun they plaster those baits when they are on them.Saltwater bass fight so much better than those green fish it is awesome.Plus flipping the docks in Newport can be great.
Ray L.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Heck yea and plus now you can get into the white sea bass in the bay too along with a rogue striper too. It's all fun. If you go into the mud areas you can get into 100+ rays but good luck stopping them before they get into the mooring bouys. And how about the butt fishing in the spring too. I'm foaming now.
Guy Williams
Brian Linehan

Guy, you shouldn't have mentioned butts....

Post by Brian Linehan »

Now, Ray will be out there every morning trying to catch a glimpse of some OC sailors.
Al M

forget

Post by Al M »

the bay where gonna go out on the open ocean.Bring your life preserver and NO BANANAS!!!!!!
Ray L

Brian

Post by Ray L »

>I guess you have never fished the bay since you get sea sick just looking at the ocean.And yes I do look at all the butts but they are in thongs on blonde girls with fake tits and make you forget about fishing...
Ray L.