BASS Elite

Double-G

BASS Elite

Post by Double-G »

Hey all I just wanted to stop in and say a few things to all you nutcases. There is a little house keeping I would like to get out of the way before I start.

First of all I would like to thank all of my sponsors, Nitro Boats, Mercury Marine, MotorGuide, Okuma, Reaction Innovations, BassWax, Yo-Zuri, Guest Chargers, Rainbow Worms and PCWeb.com.

No man is an island. There are so many people I want to personally thank for their contributions to my recent successes on the water, first and foremost is my wife Bobbie, son Gregory, my boss Steve and my road dog Jared Lintner, trust me there are a lot more people I have to thank but I would run out of time. I would like to make sure that Dewayne Bonham and Jimmy Reese are given the credit they are due for the knowledge they shared with me this winter (prior to the 30 day cut off) You guys ROCK!

Just a little shout out to Bob and Dorothy at "Limit Out Tackle" Thank you so much, your kindness will never be forgotten!

So any way I had a great time fishing the Western Swing and Clear Lake will be one of the most memorable tournaments of my life.

There are so many variables to consider in tournament fishing and I have always prided myself in managing my resources for the long haul but as you could see, I just seemed to run out of steam on the last day of the event.

Actually there was a lot more to it than just running out of fish, and I know I don’t have the right to complain about some of the situations I had to work around because as a professional I should have had a back up plan but, when I had to start competing with local anglers for the fish I had be targeting the prior three days I just couldn’t stand to watch it happen, it was very frustrating to say the least but I know it is part of the game.

I also learned some valuable lessons “about closing the dealâ€
Greg Gutierrez
Frenzy Baits
Gator

Re: BASS Elite

Post by Gator »

Double-G -

You Rock!!

You did the West and yourself proud.

I am glad to be able to call you my friend and I hope to see you in the near future.

Go Get 'em at the next one!!!!!!!

Fins and Fire Baby!!!!
fishfan

Post by fishfan »

Greg,

I was watching every day and rooting for you all the way!!!!!! I wanted to see someone local to my area take the WIN! Just keep doing what you are doing and it will happen!

Jeff H.
I now know why it is called fishing and not catching!
The Sweetest Rods Ever !!! DOBYNS RODS
Team LL
flipit

Post by flipit »

Congrats greg, you have and always will do the west proud.
Fishing should be fun.
NaCl

Thanks for your thoughts and congratulations!

Post by NaCl »

Your success is well deserved Greg. I hope you continue to succeed on the rest of the trail this year.

Good luck,

.....NaCl
Dewayne

Re: Congrats Bud!

Post by Dewayne »

You fished a couple good tournaments. It was exciting to follow your progress and see how well you handled the pressure of leading a major event. First or third we are all proud of how well you did.

Your welcome on my boat anytime.
Dewayne
Marty

Post by Marty »

Just think a Pro from the BASS Elite post on the same forum as we do. You’re one class act Double-G! Thank you!
Ryan L

Re: Congrats Bud!

Post by Ryan L »

Greg you had an awesome tournament. congratulations
Trace

Post by Trace »

Greg,
Awesome tournament! I was hoping you would hang on for the win.
You represented California well. You are there, competing for the win, leading the BASS Elite for three days. Your big Elite series win will come. Great Job!
Trace
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Double G.You made Nor.Cal proud I hope you have a succeseful year.Will see you in the classic.
backdeckpro

Post by backdeckpro »

Great job Greg! Keep it up all year long. You are just giving us cops more reasons to not to like you firemen :P :P :P ! I think I got in the wrong line :lol: Thanks for the "short" humor when we saw you during prefish. Maybe someday I will get lucky and draw you 8) .

Pat
It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Bob Simard

Congratulations Greg -

Post by Bob Simard »

You were a great example of a true Professional when you weighed your fish. I was there watching the big screen with my boys. We were bummed that both you or Skeet didn't win, but proud of the way you held your heads up. You're a class act and have had a great influence on a lot of people - Sons and Dads - about how to play this game.

I hope you guys make the swing back this way next year. Hell maybe they'll even bring back the Western Open circuit for us mere mortals to fish.

Good luck back East. Keep the momentum rolling Dude. We're all pulling for you out here.

Regards,

Bob Simard
Last edited by Bob Simard on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardshell

Re: Congradulations Greg -

Post by Hardshell »

Congratulations on a fine tournament and great finish.

Hardshell
aka Steve Greene
scott h

Post by scott h »

AWESOME! man what a tournament for you I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, good job bud! tear em up on the next swing and be safe!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

You the man Double G. Great job and I hope you stay on 'em the rest of the year.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Matt Moreau

Post by Matt Moreau »

You have made us all proud and we will all be pullin for ya in the future! It was a pleasure to watch you and good luck!!!
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

Matthew Moreau
basstamer

Hey Greg

Post by basstamer »

My wife wanted to ask you at the tournament if your face hurt from all that smiling and laughing? It was awesome to not only watch you claim your glory but also to see someone enjoying it so much! Great job and Tight Lines-you have a huge future in this game!
Scott
harry chang

Post by harry chang »

Greg,

Congratulations. You did a fine job. Take this great start and run with it the rest of the year. I will be rooting for you.

Harry
Ron C

Congrats amigo!

Post by Ron C »

You done good - for a fireman, that is. (Har Har!).

Stay frosty my friend.

Ron C
G-Ko

Post by G-Ko »

Congrats again. You deserve all the praise and continued success.

Greg Kosich
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Greg,

As far as I'm concerned, you are a true winner, both in the boat and out of the boat. Thank you for being there on both fronts!

Good luck to you and continued success!!

Glenn
Glenn Abuelhaj
Jim Conlow Sr.

Greg. I want you to know that i was rooting for you

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

all the way.
I saw limit out Higgins at the Al Freitas memorial services on Saturday along with Aaron Coleman and we were all on your side for the win.

Jim
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]
Pat

Post by Pat »

Way to go Greg, we are so poud of you. Keep up the good work. Don't forget the shades man, your future is bright!

Pat
Cooch

Great Job Buddy!

Post by Cooch »

Excellent swing through the west Greg and great start to the 2007 season. Now git some family lovin', pay the bills and git yer butt back ta Clarks Hill and kick some bass fer us!!!! We'll be watchin and rootin ya all along the way!
BB

Post by BB »

Double G,

Congrats are definitely in order for a terrific start to the 2007 season, as well as for your efforts at Clear Lake last weekend, but also Kudos go out to you as always for taking time to remind us all, especially the "Future Generation" of the importance of Fire Safety. Taking time out of your busy schedule to work with local fire authorities and continuing to educate is extremely important and very much appreciated. Keep it up.

Good luck at Clarks Hill.

BB
BassnReed

Post by BassnReed »

You had an excellent Tourney, just faultered on the last day . I was pulling for ya boss......You know the program and I am assuming the next time it will be different. With the stakes that you are fishing for- there must be an alternative area to consume the ones you need. Never give up and make the mental notes and wack there *** next time!!!!!!!!! That is what it all boils down to....
You have the game, just put it into motion.
KReed
AKFISHINGCLUB

Post by AKFISHINGCLUB »

Greg,

I just wanted to thank you for being such a professional. Recently at the anglers alley held in Stockton, one of our clubs members Alvaro Munoz could barely contain himself as he was so excited that you remembered who he was from your short meeting with him at last years Kentucky Lake event.
It meant the world to him and he's obviously a huge Double G fan.

Best of luck with the rest of your season,

Jarod Ballardo
AKFISHINGCLUB
www.akfishingclub.com