'07 Curado 200 DHSV

supermat

'07 Curado 200 DHSV

Post by supermat »

Quick question, my reel seems to have a lot of back play and slop in it. For instance, if I hang a bait on a guide then tighten the line for storage when I come back to it the bait is inevitably dangling from the rod rather than still held tightly in place. If I'm working a bait in there is always that little bit of back play as I go to set the hook. Is this a common occurance with this reel and if so, is the replacement part something that I can easily put in place myself? Thanks!
Last edited by supermat on Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StockOption

Re: '07 Curado 200 DHSV

Post by StockOption »

FWIW, I have an 07 201 DHSV and I haven't noticed this back play.....
Kurt
Curadodude

Post by Curadodude »

Have not noticed this in the 200. My 300 does seem to be a little sloppy but nothin too bad.
www.stevescustomrods.net

www.mgmlures.net

www.savephace.com
supermat

Post by supermat »

Well, sounds like its not a common thing. Bummer, because mine has it pretty bad. The only reason I haven't sent it in is that I don't want to be without the reel for that long. Thus why I'm interested in the difficulty of fixing the problem.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

It sounds like you could have an issue with the anti reverse bearing. There can be a little back play but not as much as you are describing. I can send you a new anti reverse bearing if you feel confident that you can replace it. Here is a link to our online maintenance guide

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... tions.html

You can use this to see how to take the reel apart. Shoot me an PM with your name and address and I will get the parts to you.