Crawdad Traps

not4un

Crawdad Traps

Post by not4un »

Just got a crawdad trap was wondering if anyone else uses them and what do you bait them with?
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Crawdad Traps

Post by ash »

I did in SoCal and need to get a few for up here. They are great for better understanding the Crawdads in your local lakes.

I used Alpo dog food (punch holes in the top of the can)
Bacon (wrap it with thread and place hang it in the trap)
They make crawdad food but its a bit pricey compared to a couple of pieces of old bacon or alpo food.

Also too you can tie bacon on a thread cast it out by some rocks or tulles and just slowly pull it up after a good soak the dads will just clamp onto it.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

I use a Mackeral from Albersons frozen fish bin... They are oily- and as they decay seem to be even a better bait than dog food.

They are cheap also. Image

Put a good sized rock in it as well to secure your trap to the bottom in the strong tidal areas you place them -- You can even Nylon Tie the Mackeral to the top side of your rock (a flat shaped bottom heavy one that will normally self-correct itself on the toss in) so that it is not edible to dem mud bugs from the outside of that trap. -- Thus making them crawl inside to get the Snizzle. :wink:
Last edited by DeltaDan on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
bruizer343

Post by bruizer343 »

dog food, a bluegill that I put a few slices in or pieces of striper meat. I have also put raw chicken parts and organ's. The small
bait fish and 50 cent size perch n gills seem to like that stuff.

I have not gotten a motherlode size catch yet, like on TV. in the last few day's I'm noticing crawdad parts on my dock, pinchers and legs something is eating them on the dock, im guessing otters or river rats and birds.

comment's ?