Need boaters-great cause-Take A Special Person Fishing Event

Thad O.

Need boaters-great cause-Take A Special Person Fishing Event

Post by Thad O. »

Modesto AmBassAdors host this year's Take A Special Person Fishing event Saturday May 5th @ Kelsey Bass Ranch near Snelling, CA.
Boaters will be paired with a special needs individual for a few fun hours of fishing on this excellent little bass fishery. If you are open to fish on this Saturday (May 5th) and would like the chance to make a special persons' day one to remember for some time to come, please come out and join us for this event.
The event is basically a few hours helping your partner catch the BIG ONE's, followed by a tournament style weigh-in, followed by a BBQ lunch and awards presentation. If this is something you would be interested in participating in, please contact me, Thad Ortega, for more information about the event. Currently we need approx. 10 more boaters. Thanks,
Thad Ortega
Home-209-852-9971
e-mail tortega@parker.com
Lugnut

Re: Need boaters-great cause-Take A Special Person Fishing E

Post by Lugnut »

Lets make this another succesful event. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE that has been associated with this event over the last few years has had nothing but great stories to tell. It will honestly give you a tingle in your heart when you see these folks out having the time of there lifes, becuase you spent one day with them.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

Count me in! Thad I sent you a PM...wow I even get to meet the infamous "Lugnut"???? This is too cool-I hope you guys fill up as this is an awesome little lake managed by Jon Kelsey the owner who is really a top notch guy and there is NOTHING like watching these kids catch fish....they are just happy to be there and Lord when they hook up its total chaos! I can't wait...c'mon guys if your available sign up for this thing! Tight Lines-see you guys Saturday,
Scott
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

I'm guessing that because it's held at Kelsey Ranch, you'll be fishing for Bass.

If you ever make it on a lake with other species, let me know, I have a few guys that would do it in a heartbeat!

Sean
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I did that this year down here with the Friends Of Castaic Lake. It was truly rewarding to see the smile on the face of those kids.
I felt like I got the treat, not them.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
not4un

Post by not4un »

Sorry Thad can't make it this year wife is going to be induced to have our baby boy the day before. For everyone else this is a great thing to be a part of. Just to see the joy the kids get from it is something you will never forget. Last year was my first year participating and my life has been changed forever by it. Good luck this year and help those kids catch the big ones
Thad O.

Post by Thad O. »

What kinda excuse is that? :wink: Congratulations on the baby boy, a new fishin partner! As of this morning it looks like we have it covered as far as boats. We had a decent amount of feedback from folks here at Westernbass, and a few that are coming out for the first time this year to lend a hand for this event. Thanks to Westernbass.com and to all those that responded. Look forward to meeting you all this Saturday at Kelsey's.