? about buying new motor

not4un

? about buying new motor

Post by not4un »

Anyone one on here ever bought a brand new motor for their boat? If so did u trade your other motor in or sell it your self and do they finance new motors? I am looking at possibly buying one in the future and was wanting some input. Thanks.
Gary Dobyns

Re: ? about buying new motor

Post by Gary Dobyns »

There are always guys looking to pick up a used engine. Some dealers will take a trade, usually your better off to sell it yourself. Also, many times you can buy a pro-staff engine. Those purchases most of the time are cash up front. What are you selling? What are you looking at buying?? I had a guy a few days ago looking for a used engine to replace a blown one.
Loren Jenkins

Post by Loren Jenkins »

I'm in the same boat. the dilemma is mindboggling or heartwrenching-however you want to look at it. The banks will finance-Merc has a "repower" program going on. The question is do you want to finance $15195 before tax, controls and rigging. Project that out over 10 years and you'll be well over $20K. Why not just buy another boat, because you love (like) the one you have. Oh yeah, I still haven't been able to purchase that pro staff motor yet, my ad wasn't answered. I was told about a 200 HP, but my boat is rated for a 175. All of the dealers (and believe me, I have talked to alot) around here will quote you the same prices almost exactly- so I don''t think there is any price fixing going on.
Enough, I should be getting some rest for the EG Bass tourney tomorrow-wish me luck I'll be using all Minn Kota power.

LJ
BILLY

Post by BILLY »

A good "used "175 is real hard to come by.
Good luck on your search.
BILLY TEAM FATBOY
Gary Dobyns

I know of a several deals on boats and possibly engines.

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Shoot me a message. Loren, shoot me a message and I'll try and hook you up on a staff engine. I do it all the time.
Loren Jenkins

Re: I know of a several deals on boats and possibly engines.

Post by Loren Jenkins »

Gary-I may be interested in a boat, but the motor is priority #1. I have a 461VS that is paid for which allows me a lot more freedom. I'm sure getting a new motor is going to set me back considerably. I would possibly sell and buy if the right deal came along. Let's discuss. Cel. #(916)690-7651 or (916)688-8583, home.

Loren