Bass Traveler Joins the CARP CIRCUIT!!! Link to photo *LINK*

Rob D

Bass Traveler Joins the CARP CIRCUIT!!! Link to photo *LINK*

Post by Rob D »

Your friendly Bass Traveler was sighted in his new sponsor boat, Sea Ray, catching this 20+ pound CARP!!! Har, where's the Stars and Stripes shirt and the checkered vans Sieg? Nice Fish. Thanks for the hospitality from you and Dedrian this past week, you guys were great.

Stars and Stripes forever,
Rob D

Bass Traveler's Carp
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Bass Traveler Joins the CARP CIRCUIT!!! Link to photo

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

And he was picking on me bout minner fishin..Nice CARP..

mac
CA BASS Federation Webmas

Carpe Diem *NM*

Post by CA BASS Federation Webmas »

Mark Langner

How the heck did he...

Post by Mark Langner »

catch that thing ? I've always thought it would be cool to hook into one of those monsters, but have no idea how you get em to actually bite....(note I said bite, not get snagged...)
Urban

Doubt he got that fish to bite

Post by Urban »

Im sure he snagged it.

Ive been told that they bite arrows real well.
Vince Borrego

Dough balls...

Post by Vince Borrego »

When I was a kid we used to go to Don Pedro every summer and I'd have a blast with the carp near the docks. Take a standard trout rig and in place of power bait get some bread make it into a small dough ball around the hook. Then hold on!

Vince
Bob Simard

Have you seen Sieg...

Post by Bob Simard »

...work that LV500? My god, I was afraid he'd snag my lower unit last weekend and pull the damned Opti off the hull. Dude's an animal - put's new definition to the term "Ripping"
Mark Langner

kewl..thanks... *NM*

Post by Mark Langner »

corky francis

Re: Doubt he got that fish to bite *NM*

Post by corky francis »

corky francis

Re: How the heck did he...

Post by corky francis »

When I was in the Army, we used to catch them on Purple and White jigs in a place called Cow House Creek at Ft Hood. Hecka of a fight.
Dan R

Re: Dough balls...

Post by Dan R »

Last 4th of July I was on a houseboat on Oroville. I threw out a baby bass colored popper and thought that a personal best spot slammed it. I was disappointed when I got it to the boat. It was a five-pound carp.

At night while cat fishing from the back of the houseboat I caught a bunch of carp on sausage up to 8lbs.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: How the heck did he...

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I have had them hit small bass plugs, fishing in some os the stock tanks back in North Texas..My Mom used to clean them and then pressure cook them and can them up, then later make fish patties using them..A lot of people wanted to know where she got the white salmon she used in her fish cakes..Really the are not bad eating when done right..I have had them in Japan done all sorts of ways..

mac
Cooch

Don't be so sure, my friend............

Post by Cooch »

In the spring, it is quite common for Carp to forage on the deep shad up there, how else do ya think the git so big and fat? Certainly not from eating a vegitarian diet alone. HAR!

Many times during guide trips while fishing live minners or shad, we have had these giant carp gobble up our live bait. I spent one day with Norman & Lucas Bowden up there and the smallest carp we caught out of 15, was 27 pounds. They don't chase the shad, but in fact sit below the schools and just pick off the dying ones that flutter to the bottom.

Cooch
Mark Langner

Question for Corky....

Post by Mark Langner »

this may sound off the wall...but a dear friend of mine Bud Large passed away a couple seasons ago, and I was told his friend "Corky" had a rod/reel I had loaned him...I've lost contact with his wife...might that be you ??? -Mark
Curtis Rollins

Re: Don't be so sure, my friend............

Post by Curtis Rollins »

I have caught several carp both at Clear Lake and Indian Valley on crank baits in the Spring. Not snagged either they ate it. Loads of fun! Just wish I could figure out how to do it on a regular basis.

> In the spring, it is quite common for Carp
> to forage on the deep shad up there, how
> else do ya think the git so big and fat?
> Certainly not from eating a vegitarian diet
> alone. HAR!

> Many times during guide trips while fishing
> live minners or shad, we have had these
> giant carp gobble up our live bait. I spent
> one day with Norman & Lucas Bowden up
> there and the smallest carp we caught out of
> 15, was 27 pounds. They don't chase the
> shad, but in fact sit below the schools and
> just pick off the dying ones that flutter to
> the bottom.

> Cooch
mjb

Re: Question for Corky....

Post by mjb »

> this may sound off the wall...but a dear
> friend of mine Bud Large passed away a
> couple seasons ago, and I was told his
> friend "Corky" had a rod/reel I
> had loaned him...I've lost contact with his
> wife...might that be you ??? -Mark

Not to many "Corkys" around, Wouldnt that be CRAZY.... & Darn LUCKY.... Good Luck mjb
Hippie/Mark

Re: Reminds me of the Shambre Classic.....

Post by Hippie/Mark »

Flyin V and I fished the last Natoma event. We struggled pulled up to the running water at the old Rainbow bridge on Natomas. I throw out a darthead (proworm) on 6 lb. p-line Flourclear at the pilings. The next thing you know I fight a fish for I swear twenty minutes, not lying folks it pulled Vics boat around and round and round. I think maybe a world record Brown trout on the other end!! What do we have but a carp that barely fits the net!!! Easy 25 lbs plus it bottomed out the scaled on the boat!!

I still to this day swear it was a line class record!!But dang we wanted that thing outta the boat and let it go unharmed!!!

I bethca now that Seig is a Clear Lake resident he takes up Carp Bow hunting HAR HAR

Hipster

Been there done that what a fight!!!!!!!!
Carp Traveler

It's amazing what you can do with....

Post by Carp Traveler »

an Orange Fish and a Can of Green Spray Paint. Har!
Here's what really happened.
I cast my vibration bait out and set my rod down.
I was getting ready to leave and wanted to enter a cell phone number. As I was entering the number, I felt the rod hit my foot. The water was calm as glass. I dropped the cell phone and grabbed the rod. The fight was on. She took me for a 100 yard ride, before I was able to get her in the net.
I didn't have time to spray her green, cause I had three nutcases on my heels. Har!
How I caught a carp in the tail while dead sticking my bait, I'll never know.
I do know one thing...it was a great fight.

Your friendly,
Carp Traveler,
Sieg
Stars and Stripes Forever
Mark Langner

That's pretty cool Sieg..

Post by Mark Langner »

thanks for the story...Mark
Urban

See Coochy, I was just playing the odds

Post by Urban »

Ive snagged too many carp at clear lake fishing reaction baits. Sure, Ive had a few carp eat some weird things, but well over 90% are snagged.

I especially panick when Im throwing a high dollar bait on light line and stick a fish that immediately runs like a mother. You can just tell immediately its not a bass, and any snagged fish has the leverage to steal that high dollar bait from you if you dont play it right.
Cooch

Yeah but Urby, had I gone..........

Post by Cooch »

ALL IN, At the WBFLP (World's Bass Fishing Lore Poker) Tournament's final table, would you have called that bet before hearing Siegy's story? HAR! HAR! HAR!

I agree, snagging carp in the lakes is very common, Lord knows I've done it a thousand times myself. I've also had plenty of experiences where they do eat our offerings.

Cooch