Re:espn host calls fan idiots..

robertmansor

Post by robertmansor »

i actually just looked at the bass fan polls and he dropped down to fourth from first...i really think this comment is going to haunt him!!! like i said on my other post,i really like this guy,and it's a bummer he made the comment...
ACP

Post by ACP »

I don't see any poll for the anglers. Are you talking about the World Rankings?
robertmansor

Post by robertmansor »

yes..the bassfan.com world rankings
Hippie/Mark

Re:Bassfan Rankings are not a Popularity Poll

Post by Hippie/Mark »

they are based on the last two years of Tournament preformances from the two tours!!

The fans voted nothing on the issue.

Hipster
ACP

Post by ACP »

You're right on about the World rankings & it shows who are the best anglers out there but I the subject isn't about hte polls or the rankings but the comment that was made. I didn't see it myself & I have a lot of respect for the fisherman in question but if he did say that I for one will look at him in a different way. I'm sure that Bassfan will have something to say about it.
robertmansor

Post by robertmansor »

you're right mark.my mistake..my main point is alot of people,fans,have respect fot this guy,as i do,but his comment was "OFF THE WALL"...even though the fans don't have anything to do w/ratings,this is really going to change the way "FANS"look at this guy....just like th egreatest angler debate.that is fan based..his comment is gonna hurt em....
Jim Conlow Sr.

He is a professional fisherman, not a professional diplomat.

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

I consider myself to be a fisherman not a FAN. So I am not insulted by his comments. I think that a whole bunch of all kinds of sports fans are idiots. Not all of them of course, but a whole lot of them truly are.
You get to pick which category you fall into. Har

Jim

> you're right mark.my mistake..my main point
> is alot of people,fans,have respect fot this
> guy,as i do,but his comment was "OFF
> THE WALL"...even though the fans don't
> have anything to do w/ratings,this is really
> going to change the way "FANS"look
> at this guy....just like th egreatest angler
> debate.that is fan based..his comment is
> gonna hurt em....
NaCl

What if he's right? HAR HAR! *NM*

Post by NaCl »

Hippie/Mark

Re: Did I miss something here..............

Post by Hippie/Mark »

I thought Robert asked about how the Bassfan poll works, I gave him the scoop and poop!!!
No voting it is based on tournament performance period!!

I am lost at where this thread is headed!!

Hipster
Craig Gottwals

He wasn't far off. He'll be fine.

Post by Craig Gottwals »

I agree, it was not the most delicate and politically correct way to make his point, but he was on target. The point is, many fans are idiots. Certainly not all of the, but ESPN even interviewed some ... like the lady that said she voted for Hank Parker because she liked his smile and his good ole Southern Style. PLEASE! This is not the cutest angler debate. If it were the blond AM Angler that was on the FLW TV event on Sunday morning with Bobby Land would win, HANDS DOWN!

But serioulsy, too many fans have no clue and vote b/c they have "heard a name", or because "they like a personality", or the worst, b/c someone is "cute." By that standard, by pup, black lab should win. She's real cute.

We just have to hope, like in Major League Baseball Balloting, most of the fans voting will have a clue and do the right thing.

I honestly don't think Skeeter is going to take too much, if any, heat on this one. Bass anglers and "fans" are traditionally not the demographic worried about having the upmost tact and political correctness.
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

Pro's are suppose to be professional. I understand where the comment came from but still wasn't a good thing.
Jim Conlow Sr.

Yeah Mark sometimes the subject gets changed in the midle of

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Jim Conlow Sr.

The scary part is that many people vot in the national elect

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Jim Conlow Sr.

If I ever get to be as good at fishing as Skeet, I promise t

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »