Loomis Rod Repair?

Miket

Loomis Rod Repair?

Post by Miket »

Grabbed one of my custom Loomis GLX rods today and noticed one of the guides was bent. I went to bend it back in place just a tiny amount and of course it broke. Can this be sent to Loomis and repaired even though it was custom made? If not anyone know a local guy who builds loomis rods and can repair it?

Thanks in adavnce.
Gator

Re: Loomis Rod Repair? *LINK*

Post by Gator »

Don't know about having Loomis do it but I would recommend getting in contact with Steve Biechman of Steve's Custom Rods. He can repair it for you no problem.

I have included a link to his website.

Tight Lines!!

Gator

Steve's Custom Rods
Miket

Re: Loomis Rod Repair?

Post by Miket »

Thanks Gator just shot him an email. Where is he located btw?

thanks again.
Gator

Post by Gator »

He is based in Redding. Typically ship him the rods, wait a few days, he ships them back, all done!!

Tight Lines!!

Gator
Cooch

And if Redding is too far out of the way......

Post by Cooch »

Locally here in Oakly is DJ's Rod Repair. Call Jeff Skaggs at 925-625-2862. Typically he'll meet ya at the Hook and repair is done in no time on guide replacement.

Jeff & Steve are two of the states best custom rod guys!

Cooch
Rex

Re: And if Redding is too far out of the way......

Post by Rex »

You could also try Raptor Rod Works in Chico. They deal in lots of custom rod applications and G.Loomis...heard lots of good things about them.
Tony

Post by Tony »

> Locally here in Oakly is DJ's Rod Repair.
> Call Jeff Skaggs at 925-625-2862. Typically
> he'll meet ya at the Hook and repair is done
> in no time on guide replacement.

> Jeff & Steve are two of the states best
> custom rod guys!

> Cooch
Jeff has repaired several of my loomis & other rods and done a great job, looks like factory job.
Tony Mello
tom mulliken

Post by tom mulliken »

> Try Todd over at Nor-Cal fishing, concord. The guy is very good, quick turn around and you will not beat his prices. They're on Aronld Industrial Way. Don't have the ph#.
Jeff Jewell

For concord try

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Read Tom's post above
Toddd has repaired several Rod's for me. quality work for a quick and fair price
gb

Post by gb »

>Mike Loomis will warranty the rod but if you drop it by The Hook in Oakley we will give it to Jeff Skaggs for repair He is very good and not expensive. Or you can call us and we will give you his PH#. Thanks Gene 925-625-2441

Grabbed one of my custom Loomis GLX rods
> today and noticed one of the guides was
> bent. I went to bend it back in place just a
> tiny amount and of course it broke. Can this
> be sent to Loomis and repaired even though
> it was custom made? If not anyone know a
> local guy who builds loomis rods and can
> repair it?

> Thanks in adavnce.
Miket

Going with Jeff Skaggs

Post by Miket »

Contacted Steve from Steve's custom rods the other day through email and have yet to get a reply. Seeing how I am pretty impatient I called Jeff and he said to drop them off Saturday when I hit the delta.

Thanks all for the info.

Mike