Leaf Spring Replacement

Angel

Leaf Spring Replacement

Post by Angel »

Unfortunatly, I discovered a busted leaf spring on my Ranger trailer just before the teen tournament and had to back out last minute :cry: But my buddy Sieg was able to take the kid I had drawn. Thanks Sieg. My question has anybody replaced a leaf spring on there own? I will attempt to do this later this week. Is there anything special I should know about? My parts from Ranger will be here tomorrow. Thanks for any reply.
Angel
sTony

Re: Leaf Spring Replacement

Post by sTony »

I can't help with the leaf spring replacement but now you know first hand whey we recommend that all leaf spring trailer owners look into the trailer safety device made by RMD.

http://www.researchmachinedevelopment.com/

George and crew can take care of you!

sTony
Bigbassmike

Post by Bigbassmike »

I did not replace my leaf springs on my own but I made the mistake of upgrading to the next bigger size and it raised my boat trailer up two inches higher so it was harder to reach into the compartments and the bolts they used to hold the axle on were to big and they almost touch on rough roads. So make sure you replace with the same size as before. I have heard it is not very hard to do. Good Luck Mike
Steve45

Post by Steve45 »

I'am doing my own right now. It's not hard just time consumming, Got 2 replaced and will replace the other 2 this week. If you want to do it yourself shoot me an e-mail and I'll help you out. Steve Basschamp61@comcast.net