Can the Delta get any better?

NaCl

Can the Delta get any better?

Post by NaCl »

WOW! Four double digit fish did NOT earn a Big Fish check this weekend...including two over 11 pounds! And, five pros weighed limits with over a 4 pound AVERAGE without cashing a check! The Delta HAS to be the all time best bass fishery in the United States! And, every year, it just seems to be getting stronger!

.....NaCl
CG

YES!!!!!!

Post by CG »

A couple days of stable weather, and some real giants are gonna find the net - I'm talking over 15 lbs. I've seen 'em up cruising recently, but they haven't moved all the way up yet (biggest this year so far is right at 11 lbs, and saw two in the same area that were WAY bigger - the 11 was the smaller, aggressive pre-spawner!!!!!!!).

No other place to be fishing right now, that's for sure. Imagine whats gonna happen at the FLW if the weather stays warm.

With another great spawn, all this water, and all the food in the Delta, its only gonna get better bud. Expect a new Delta record soon. CG

> WOW! Four double digit fish did NOT earn a
> Big Fish check this weekend...including two
> over 11 pounds! And, five pros weighed
> limits with over a 4 pound AVERAGE without
> cashing a check! The Delta HAS to be the all
> time best bass fishery in the United States!
> And, every year, it just seems to be getting
> stronger!

> .....NaCl
Jailer

Where else

Post by Jailer »

can you catch a 10.49#, go home, look at the weights of a tournament like Saturdays and feel embarrassed! Happened to me!

Jailer

WOW! Four double digit fish did NOT earn a
> Big Fish check this weekend...including two
> over 11 pounds! And, five pros weighed
> limits with over a 4 pound AVERAGE without
> cashing a check! The Delta HAS to be the all
> time best bass fishery in the United States!
> And, every year, it just seems to be getting
> stronger!

> .....NaCl
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Where else

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

That is something that most of us never get to experience..The fishing this past weekend had to be as good or better than anywhere else you could possibly want to be..

mac
Dewayne

Re: It sucks!

Post by Dewayne »

I am still blown away at these weights. I went after 4-5# fish and thought I did OK with a 4# average. Little did I know I brought a BB gun to a tank fight and 41# would not even get a check. So Now I have 2 weeks before the EverStart to figure out how to catch four 5# to 6# fish a day to have a chance at making the cut in that event.

This place is awesome, but what a frustrating event. I have never seen so many 20+# sacks.
Joe Bruce

considering the names below yours

Post by Joe Bruce »

Ide be purty stoked. great Job Dewayne your BB gun took out a few tanks. Jeff somehow got ahold of an ICBM
Curtis Rollins

Post by Curtis Rollins »

This thing called fishing is supposed to be fun, there are a lot of easier ways to make money. Count your blessings, check or not we fish one of the best fisheries in the country-enjoy.

> I am still blown away at these weights. I
> went after 4-5# fish and thought I did OK
> with a 4# average. Little did I know I
> brought a BB gun to a tank fight and 41#
> would not even get a check. So Now I have 2
> weeks before the EverStart to figure out how
> to catch four 5# to 6# fish a day to have a
> chance at making the cut in that event.

> This place is awesome, but what a
> frustrating event. I have never seen so many
> 20+# sacks.
cal

Re: Where else

Post by cal »

> Don't forget Stktn bass had a team with 6/41 lb's and lost to another team with 7/48 lb's.
>
Dom

Post by Dom »

The weather has changed up a bit but the temps have stayed fairly even. Plus the moon phase and the tide it all lined up. How ever I figured high 50's thats why I guessed 60.05lbs but man 60 +
is somthing else. I am no PRO but I know when I go out in those conditions I can exspect I have a good chance of hooking a HAWG but to get 5 of em hell even 10 of em in 2 days just blows me away thats why yall are the PROS . Good job Dewayne

Tight Lines Dom

> I am still blown away at these weights. I
> went after 4-5# fish and thought I did OK
> with a 4# average. Little did I know I
> brought a BB gun to a tank fight and 41#
> would not even get a check. So Now I have 2
> weeks before the EverStart to figure out how
> to catch four 5# to 6# fish a day to have a
> chance at making the cut in that event.

> This place is awesome, but what a
> frustrating event. I have never seen so many
> 20+# sacks.