Howdy all!!

Eric Thoss

Howdy all!!

Post by Eric Thoss »

It's been awhile since I was a regular on this forum. Had to back off the fishing thing for a while. It's good to see so many new names here and many familiar ones as well. Dusted off the old Champion and she's ready to go again. Looking forward to the fun events this year...

C.O. Pro-teen
Snagproof open (haven't seen a date yet)
B/C Memorial 100% BASS (haven't seen a date yet)
and .... THE WESTERN RALLY!!!

If any of you are on the fence about going to the Rally.... GO!!!

If any of you don't know about the Rally talk to anyone who has gone. There is not a better time to be had for the money.

Just a quick description of what it's about and what it means to me.

The Western Rally is a chance for all of us to get together and have a weekend of fun @ ClearLake.

While there is a friendly competition going on... don't let the word competition scare you. It is for bragging rights only. You don't need a boat and 25 rods to participate. It is not a team event you just sign up as a boater or non-boater and you are matched up with a different partner for each session.

You don't even have to worry about catching a Bass... there is a highly coveted "Odd-Nut" award for the largest non-bass fish brought to the scales.

Heck you don't even have to catch a fish to win an award, there is the prestigious "Odd-Nut" award presented to the biggest (funniest) goof up.

Then there is the food!!! Lunches are provided on Saturday and Sunday and a great dinner is provided on Saturday.

Free stuff!!! There are usually free goodies for each angler.

Incredible raffles. There is a raffle on Saturday night that just blows my mind. Each year it's different, but I have seen everything form bags of worms to very expensive rod and reels to guide trips to boat accessories... you name it.

The Rally has always been about meeting new people and making memories... Many of us will never forget a very special Rally where a proposal of marriage was made @ the dinner on Saturday night (wasn't a dry eye in the room).

I attended my first rally in 1999 not really knowing anyone. I made friends that weekend that I will have for the rest of my life. If you have any questions or are unsure about going… just make a post.

See ya @ the Rally

Eric Thoss
Gator

Re: Howdy all!!

Post by Gator »

Welcome back to NutCase central Eric!! Good to hear from ya again!!

Tight Lines!!

Gator