any good lakes to bass fish...

Rob D.

any good lakes to bass fish...

Post by Rob D. »

near Clovis. I will be going up there to work for a couple of weeks. I figured I would drag my boat up. I will probably only fish the afternoons after work. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have only fished socal. lakes.
Thanks, Rob Dickson
Gator

Millerton...

Post by Gator »

is probably your best bet around Clovis.

Tight Lines!!

Gator
Chief Bass

Pineflat Res, Eastman

Post by Chief Bass »

I guess Millerton too, but I hate that place. Pineflat(mainly a spot lake) is only about 1/2 hour drive from Clovis, Eastman(largemouth) a little more, Millerton(dink spots) is within 1/2 hour too.

Good luck
Scott Douglas
Scott

Re: Pineflat Res, Eastman

Post by Scott »

Millerton is a hole or as Sieg calls it "the dead sea"-pine flat is nice as is Eastman or even Hensley which is Eastmans sister lake but is closer than Eastman is to Clovis.Take 41 north out of fresno/clovis to hwy 145 west then go about 10 miles and make a right where the sign directs you too (sorry I dont know the road #) and just keep following the signs. Hensley is a great little lake that has a very healthy population of Largemouth and some good panfish too. I personally prefer light line techniques like Darter Heads.Senkos work great as do crankbaits,spinnerbaits and topwater at those "golden"times of the day. Feel free to email me for more precise info or and questions! Tight Lines!
Scott

> I guess Millerton too, but I hate that
> place. Pineflat(mainly a spot lake) is only
> about 1/2 hour drive from Clovis,
> Eastman(largemouth) a little more,
> Millerton(dink spots) is within 1/2 hour
> too.

> Good luck
> Scott Douglas
ksmith

Re: any good lakes to bass fish...

Post by ksmith »

Bob, Eastman Lake should be pretty close to where you are. We had a club tournament there last month and the it took over 12lbs. to get a check and that was with a THREE fish limit. I had almost 9lbs. for my biggest THREE and I was one of the lowest finishners. The lake limits you to One Bass over 20 or 22". It is managed as a Trophy Lake and has some nice fish in it. Good Luck
Rob D.

Re: any good lakes to bass fish...

Post by Rob D. »

Thanks everybody for the advice, I'm trying to find a productive lake and pattern since I only have limited time after work to fish. I think I'll be up there starting the week of the 9th of May.
Thanks again,
Rob Dickson
BassTraveler

MILLERTON....ARE YOU NUTS?????

Post by BassTraveler »

They need to empty that lake and fill it up with cement.
And to think I actually respected you!!!! Har!
BassTraveler

Thank-you...Scott.

Post by BassTraveler »

I'm glad to see someone has something more than just marbles in their head.
Hey Rob D.,
Hensely is your best bet.
Go to Millerton only if you are into pain and all that other sick stuff. Har!
BassTraveler

You What???

Post by BassTraveler »

> I guess Millerton too,
> Good luck
> Scott Douglas

How can I ever explain this to Zackary.
It would kill'm, that his God Father...would utter such dirty words.
It's best we never bring this up to him. Har!
BassTraveler

Pissst....

Post by BassTraveler »

Don't forget to check out Bass Lake...
I have recently received pictures of some donkey's coming out of there.

Sieg
Stars and Stripes Forever
Gator

Re: MILLERTON....ARE YOU NUTS?????

Post by Gator »

Hey now - he was asking for close. It's not my fault that the Dead Sea happens to be the closest.
Chief Bass

Dude!!

Post by Chief Bass »

Don't get me wrong, I think that lake is an utter waste of space. But, Bill insists that it's a good place. He's always trying to get me to go up there, but I would rather sit and stare at the fish in the tank at Vallery Rod & Gun than to go to Millerton. I can catch bigger fish at the pet store.!!! Take care buddy.

Scott