which lake?

maxe

which lake?

Post by maxe »

Hey guys I am off next week and have been thinking of heading up to Don Pedro or New Melones. Which lake would be better for numbers right now. I am from So Cal and I regularly fish Casitas and Cachuma. Do Pedro or Melones fish like any of my local lakes? I like throwing swim baits and flipping. Thanks, Max
Cooch

If it's swimbaits & flippen..........

Post by Cooch »

>ya might need ta dedicate 1/2 a day to each lake! HAR!

Definately swimbaits will work at Pedro!

I might think New Melones is a better lake for flippen, although I'm sure at this time of year, flippen may not be near as good as cruising the bank with a Senko on both ponds.

Cooch
Fishin' Dave

Shoot, go fish Frank's Lake

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Mostly known as Frank's Tract. Guys in the A/C Pro-am caught HUGE weights with swim baits in Franks. Then, there's plenty of flippin. After you catch them, please take them somewhere else; the population had a spike last weekend, HAR!
maxe

Re: Shoot, go fish Frank's Lake

Post by maxe »

That was the original plan but the Everstart series is there next week. I was going to fish it as a co-angler but by the time I made up my mind I needed a pro to get in.
MPollard

Re: which lake?

Post by MPollard »

> Throw your swimbaits in trout paterns at Don Pedro.Pedro is definitaly one of the hotest lakes going right now.Last 2 mounths winning weights were 29,32,and Chris V and Partners 37 pound 5 fish limit.I'll personally fish for Pedro hogs then Melones spots any day...
Johnny C "THE SP

Melones is way better right now

Post by Johnny C "THE SP »

You could catch big ones at Pedro if your lucky(look at the weight after the guys that win).But then you could at Melones...There are some big spots biting right now..And lots of nice largies where they should be.:-)...Pedro has been dropping water..Melones is the opposite...Tulloch is not a bad choice either..Thsi is from someone in the know!!!..Good luck