North Delta Launches

Sacto John

North Delta Launches

Post by Sacto John »

With gas prices the way they are I wnt to start fishing a little closer to home. I want to lern the north delta and get on some of the smallies that live up here but I do not know where to launch. I have heard that Wimpys is a good place to start but does anyone have any other suggestions? I tow with a 4 banger so if the the ramps are too steep(as some delta ramps are) I would probably have to avoid them. Thanks
Mike209

Re: North Delta Launches

Post by Mike209 »

Hogsback rec area is a good place to launch
if your going to case smallies it puts you on Steamboat slough. the ramp is not very steep at all.

Mike 209

> With gas prices the way they are I wnt to
> start fishing a little closer to home. I
> want to lern the north delta and get on some
> of the smallies that live up here but I do
> not know where to launch. I have heard that
> Wimpys is a good place to start but does
> anyone have any other suggestions? I tow
> with a 4 banger so if the the ramps are too
> steep(as some delta ramps are) I would
> probably have to avoid them. Thanks
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Wimpys is a good one, as is Koket along H160 just outside of Walnut Grove. Hogback is about another 15 miles from Koket.

Cooch
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Is Hogback on H160 as well I can't seem to find it on my map. Does it go by a different name?
Cooch

It's off a country road out of Ryde! *NM*

Post by Cooch »

GW

Re: hows the river there.

Post by GW »

are there alot of snags? current? sandbars etc. I was thinking about giving it a shot too.
Burke

Post by Burke »

The Wimpy's launch area is barely 2 trucks wide and with the negative tides over the next couple of days, the Wimpy's launch gets steep during low tide. The launch area also gets a cross current so it could present some problems if you're not use to it.

You may want to try New Hope Landing which is next to the Wimpy's.
Cooch

You can find it all.....

Post by Cooch »

small cuts , slough and marinas where the largies hang out, and lots of points and bends and long rip rap walls fer smallies. Navigation there is a piece of cake and there our no obsticles ya need ta worry about.

Cooch
cal

Post by cal »

> Wimpy is alittle tricky when tide is low. Alot of current flosw thru. Go next door to New Hope which is just to the rite of Wimpy's. It's level and has a nice dock along side for easy luanching. No problem for your 4 banger.
Sacto John

one more question

Post by Sacto John »

what does it cost to launch at new hope and hogback?
Justin Arellano

Viera's is a great launch site.

Post by Justin Arellano »

John,

Try Vieras resort on Hwy-160 between Isleton and Rio Vista. It's a little farther than the whimpys/Walnut Grove area but about the same distance as Hog Back. Its a nice two lane ramp with a very shallow incline. You will have no problems at all. I believe the launch fee is $7 but don't quote me. If you launch there just run north and start fishing anywhere above the Isleton bridge. Im sending you an email also so check it.

Good luck

Justin Arellano