Rotator cuff surgury?

Biff

Rotator cuff surgury?

Post by Biff »

Hey guy's just had mine done april 19 how long till you where back on the water? I am right handed and surgury was on right shoulder.
p.s some body tell me a good fishing story.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Rotator cuff surgury?

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I have no idea, but I know it will be too long to suit you..I hope you get back into action soon, take care and follow the therapy directions..I would tell you a fish story, but I don't have any new ones..

mac
Reel Guy

Post by Reel Guy »

> Hey guy's just had mine done april 19 how
> long till you where back on the water? I am
> right handed and surgury was on right
> shoulder.
> p.s some body tell me a good fishing story.

Biff,
I had my right sholder done years ago. I had a good Therapist that worked the hell out of my sholder to get it back to good working order. She read an article on fishing and how to get your sholders in shape for long days of casting. She came up with all kings of things to work that sholder. I did have a lot of sit around time on my hands so I started thinking what if I never got back the full use of my right sholder. I started practicing casting every day with my with my left hand. At first It was hard and I had a lot of back lash to pic out. It made the day go by and after a time I got good at casting with my left hand. You might want to try this.

This will help you when you get back to fishing, when one sholder starts to give you troble you can use the other. You might want to think about trying to cast with two hands when you are casting a lot this will help both sholders. Also you can help your sholders out by up grading your equipment to make for easy casting.

Larry
Steve

One Mile Pond

Post by Steve »

Im gonna take a co-worker (doesnt fish much for bass) to one mile pond this weekend, hopefully get him onto some bass so he can see how he wasted most of his time fishing for those slimy, hyperactive fish that arent worth much except for big bass food.

Any advice or random thoughts concerning this pond? Anything is greatly appreciated. I think he would like bed fishing so hopefully I can find a few doing their thing.
Waterdog

Post by Waterdog »

I had mine done, about three years ago, on the left shoulder. I had to go through about three months of therapy before they would even think about releasing me to do anything more than tie my shoes. I think that it probably depends on the extent of the surgery.
Just my .02.

Jim
Steve

Im getting mine done

Post by Steve »

And I decided to wait until June since the last tournament of mine is in late May. Hopefully, I will not be out of bussiness for more than a month. We shall see, Im not looking forward to the ordeal.
Biff

Post by Biff »

I am a millwright I work at the steel mill in pittsburg, how is your shoulder now, just wondering how much better it's going to be after it's healed.