Any one have $3000 sittin around ?

Joe Bruce

Any one have $3000 sittin around ?

Post by Joe Bruce »

I was expecting $4500 in pension money today. It didnt show so I call Clorox and get the typical corporate run around. I had to have a form noterized and back to them by apr 4th in order for them to cut the check on the 15th well it arived on the 4th so I had it notarized and mailed it back on the 7th. They say they recived it on the 14th so I should be good for may 1st right. well now they say I had to have it by the 12th in order for them to cut it on the 1st.
So basically I get $4500 around the 15th of may. I was expecting to have this money now. so Iv got checks and housepayments due now.
If I cant get $3000 by tomorrow (boat pink as collareral) I have to sell my boat.

I know its a longshot but my boat is my life.
I havent got a job or signed up for unemployment because I was expecting this money today, now its to late.
Urban

My advice

Post by Urban »

Ive been in similar situation before, but not with near the magnitude of yours.

I found that if I called up those people/companies that I owed money to, and explained to them the situation and why its happening, and explained to them that the payment due will be mailed on X date, that they were always willing to work with me.

Sounds like your payments will only be about 2 weeks late, thats not bad at all. Tell your creditors that you will gladly pay a late payment fee (but only say this if you have to use it as leverage!). I bet they work with you such that you dont become homeless or boatless.
Gator

Re: My advice

Post by Gator »

Very True Urban - Talk to your lenders, they will usually work with you if you are up front about it.

Another option is to go to your credit union/bank or other lending institution and get a loan against your boat. Should be able to turn it around in a day.

Good Luck!!

Gator
CG

Re: Any one have $3000 sittin around ?

Post by CG »

Wish I could help Joe, but I'm in the same position. Boat goes in the classifieds by the end of June if I don't find work by then. Heck, at least you get to fish regularly! HAR.

Follow Urbans advice first. Good luck bud. CG

> I was expecting $4500 in pension money
> today. It didnt show so I call Clorox and
> get the typical corporate run around. I had
> to have a form noterized and back to them by
> apr 4th in order for them to cut the check
> on the 15th well it arived on the 4th so I
> had it notarized and mailed it back on the
> 7th. They say they recived it on the 14th so
> I should be good for may 1st right. well now
> they say I had to have it by the 12th in
> order for them to cut it on the 1st.
> So basically I get $4500 around the 15th of
> may. I was expecting to have this money now.
> so Iv got checks and housepayments due now.
> If I cant get $3000 by tomorrow (boat pink
> as collareral) I have to sell my boat.

> I know its a longshot but my boat is my
> life.
> I havent got a job or signed up for
> unemployment because I was expecting this
> money today, now its to late.
Scott Burke

Post by Scott Burke »

Joe, whats your phone number.
Joe Bruce

Post by Joe Bruce »