Scorpion replacement parts

350V RGR

Scorpion replacement parts

Post by 350V RGR »

Bantam1,

I know this falls into the "I told you so" :wink:

Do you have a link to Shimano (Japan) reels? I went on www.shimano.com and couldnt get my PC to "encode" so I could read and order parts.

Thanks for your help!!
Last edited by 350V RGR on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will Mathers (the Beav)
1/75th Rangers 84-87
Iraq 03-04 88M
Z21 DC All American package
250 V Max HPDI
Swing on a tap to set!!!
bantam1

Re: Scorpion replacement parts

Post by bantam1 »

What parts are you looking for? If they are parts that will not interchange (appearance or specific parts for Scorpion only) then we can order them from Japan. Once a reel is discontinued then the parts will be discontinued as well.

Let me know what you need and I will look into it. Parts deliveries can take 2-6 months from Japan with a 4 month average. All taxes and shipping charges are added to the cost of the parts. If you want the parts overnight shipped then it will be REALLY expensive.
350V RGR

Post by 350V RGR »

Thanks,

Everything forward from the "Star nut drag" to the Handle, to include- Star Drag Spring, Star Drag, Click Spring, Click Pin, and Star Drag Click Plate. Scorpion 1001/ 85mm ZPI

I think most of these parts can be swapped out with a 50 Chronarch, :idea: I dont know about the "Star Drag" fitting.

I wont wait 2-6 months for parts on a $100. Reel. I would just buy a new Scorpion (have it in 3-5 days) and use the broke one as a "Parts Reel" This is were buying Japan can slow ya down, But to me its worth.

So what "Link" would you use to order said parts?? are ya going to give it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks man,
Will Mathers (the Beav)
1/75th Rangers 84-87
Iraq 03-04 88M
250 V Max HPDI
Swing on a tap to set!!!
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I don't have a link for parts orders. You can certainly call our parts department at 877-577-0600.

Some of the parts we can help you with. The handle we will not have, but a substitution can made.
350V RGR

Post by 350V RGR »

Ok Thanks,

I did make an error on the replacement parts. A Curado 101B will be able to replace parts on a 1000/1001 Scorpion, just in case some of our other Nutcases ever needs anything. Heck maybe other reels also, but Im not a 100% sure.

I did some NET recon and my "Scorpion 1001" Parts will be here by the end of the week. A heck of alot better then 2-6 months wouldn't ya say :oops: :oops: :P :P

I also broke down and got 2 "Bay Game 301's" Now I have a real reason to buy a few Doybns Rods :D :D :D

Sorry if I wasn't clear, You see when I set the hook on a crawdad :roll: . I ended up with my Rod/reel in one hand and my 85MM ZPI w/ Black n Yellow "Sure Grips" in the other :o :o :D :D
Just swapped out the parts with another Scorpion and fished on.

Thanks again for the phone #!!!
Will Mathers (the Beav)
1/75th Rangers 84-87
Iraq 03-04 88M
250 V Max HPDI
Swing on a tap to set!!!