Saechao

question rancho seco can i

Post by Saechao »

i dont follow direction that well
the sign says not gas motors
i have a 19 foot skeeter with a motor on the back
can i still go in there
im thinkn about trimin it all the way up
puttin a plastic bag around it. none of the motor will be touchin the water would that be ok....

thanks
fishwithron2

Re: question rancho seco can i

Post by fishwithron2 »

If you have a gas engine on your boat, it's a NO even if it's trim up al the way.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Nope, gas engine HAS to be off your boat. But you dont want to fish that lake anyway. Two big fish kills in the last two years (water quality issue) and the crowd that shows up during the spawn to snag toads off the beds to eat, has seriously killed the lake. Ive never seen a lake go so far downhill in as short a time period as Rancho Seco. Its a shame, but until the scumbags leave the lake alone, it will never recover.
hunterdave

Post by hunterdave »

Steve wrote:Nope, gas engine HAS to be off your boat. But you dont want to fish that lake anyway. Two big fish kills in the last two years (water quality issue) and the crowd that shows up during the spawn to snag toads off the beds to eat, has seriously killed the lake. Ive never seen a lake go so far downhill in as short a time period as Rancho Seco. Its a shame, but until the scumbags leave the lake alone, it will never recover.
Yep...really sucks out there these days. There are a few hawgs left, but not many. I haven't been there in a few years but that's exactly what keeps me from goin. (Other than the no gas engine rule) Makes me sick to see an 8-10# pig wind up in the trunk of a Hundai (sp?)
Dave Gorden
Pro-Staff Bass Angler's Guide the Magazine
Pro-Staff Reaction Strike
Pro-Staff Radical Glow
dave@bassanglersguide.com
www.bassanglersguide.com
www.reactionstrike.com
www.radicalglow.com
Saechao

Post by Saechao »

last year i was there i saw big old 8 or 9 lb dead, like a beaver or a otter took a big bite out of her. i took a picture but i cant find my old phone now.

well thanks
g-man

Post by g-man »

I fish it alot, and yes too many people take big fish outta there! But there are still quality fish in it! Although I have never caught anything bigger than a 7 plus outta of it! I have seen many, many fish in the ten pound range in there!
100% LL
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Need to make it a like Oroville size limit or catch and release. The way it's going, in afew years that place will be wipe out. The people who are leaving with all the fish can care less on what's happening. They'll just move onto another place and do the same thing.
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

No what they need to do is charge a membership fee to even get on the lake. Make it a private members only lake. Then make it a catch release only lake, except the trout you can take those darn things. Watch how fast that lake makes a come back if that were to happen.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

Jerkbait0071 wrote:Make it a private members only lake.
That's a terrible idea, Mr. Fashion Police. Please don't force your outdated fashion ideas onto the rest of us--Members Only was a fashion mistake back in the 80s and remains so in 2007.

fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Pretty sure they plant trout there like the rest of the lake and make it so your only allowed to keep trout and not bass. Great place for the kids so hope it don't get ruin. Maybe limit bass to 2 only with a slot size on them. Like Oroville 12-15" keeper only.
Joe W.

Post by Joe W. »

g-man wrote:I fish it alot, and yes too many people take big fish outta there! But there are still quality fish in it! Although I have never caught anything bigger than a 7 plus outta of it! I have seen many, many fish in the ten pound range in there!
That's on the days when they don't kick you out! :D