FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE 2007-08 SCHEDULE UPDATE

Scott Shambre

FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE 2007-08 SCHEDULE UPDATE

Post by Scott Shambre »

I am holding back on putting out my tenative dates because of some disturbing information coming out of the Bureau of land Management in Folsom and State Parks.

Folsom Lake is dropping at a rate of about 6 inches per day, a rate which is expected to continue for the next couple of weeks. State Parks is rumored to be considering a MANDATORY 5 MPH speed restriction on the entire lake once the level reaches 400 ft. in elevation. As of this morning, the lake was at about 410 ft. The South Fork above New York is already a 5 MPH zone as is the North Fork at the gooseneck below Rattlesnake Bar. At this rate, we will be launching off the dirt at Granite Bay in 2 weeks and Browns Ravine will be out of the water by October 1st.

I have no desire to host a tournament on Folsom where there is a 5 MPH restriction in place and where I don't have adequete launch facilities for 30-45 bass rigs. For these reasons I may elect hold my schedule off for a few more weeks to see what happens at the lake. In the mean time, I have been putting together a tenative winter Delta schedule in the event Folsom goes in the proverbial crapper.

This is where you come in, I would like to hear what you, the anglers think about this situation and what if any ideas you may have to help me decide what to do. Thanks and I'll see ya out there tomorrow on the Delta.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
Hydrate20, the official drink of the FBL
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Brian

Re: FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE 2007-08 SCHEDULE UPDATE

Post by Brian »

Scott, If the lake is going to go to a 5mph. Then I would rather see you go to the Delta. We all know what happend two years ago with the 5mph restrictions. I dont think you want to revisit that situation.
TheFLY

Post by TheFLY »

Scottie,

If we can't do Folsom, what about a mixture of our bodies of water around Folsom?

1 Delta
1 Berryessa
1 Oroville
1 Comanche
1 Pardee

And then perhaps we can do the final 2 at Folsom with the TOC there as well. Should be enough water by then.

It would be a different circuit than any other out there. It would still keep us from driving too far for events. It would still be mostly clear water bodies and spots and we could still end up at Folsom.

-Craig G.
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

Brian wrote:Scott, If the lake is going to go to a 5mph. Then I would rather see you go to the Delta. We all know what happend two years ago with the 5mph restrictions. I dont think you want to revisit that situation.
i agree with brian
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I suck at the delta, lets fish there.....

James
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

It is actually pretty simple :shock: :shock:

The Law mandates 5mph then abide by it!!! :o :o

There were only two boats that did that, hmmmmmmmm I own one of them. Bob Gamble now owns they other, but did not at that time.

I want to go back to Scott's Folsom circuit this year, but if it boils down to angler's not abiding by the mandates put forward "thus evening the playing field" no tournies for me just Pardee and swimbaits every weekend.

Please understand that I am referring to the angler's choosing to violate the 5mph mandate during the 2006 TOC.

Scott and his staff do a fantastic JOB!!!

Amended 9:08 Monday 8/13/2007
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Charles

Post by Charles »

Its simple!! It's the FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE! It's not going anywhere else.

Wait until the lake has some water so that there are no restrictions and no safety issues!

If the schedule has to wait to be finalized, so be it. Its not like any other circuits are standing in line for Folsom tiurnament permits.

Scott is the only guy willing to consistanly hold tournaments there and I appreciate it. As long as it's safe and fair for the competitors, what more can you ask for

Charles
Mike T

Post by Mike T »

I'm mixed about the circumstanes.

I feel your pain Scott, the real solution is to eliminate these politians that feel we're all a bunch of babies that need their parental control 24/7. I know that's not going to happen, so...

It is the FBL. This 5mph restriction hurts more than it helps. I know in the past when you took all the heat I mentioned that it was somewhat an equalizer. That would be if you got the participation from the smaller boats and the weather this winter. 5MPH is not safe when the wind is howling out there. I'm sure you wouldn't making friends with the other tournament orgs either if we go elsewhere.

If I were to cast a vote it would be stay at Folsom. If we can't do it for a season than so be it, the fishing will be that better next year. PROVIDING IT RAINS THIS WINTER...
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hipster wrote:It is actually pretty simple :shock: :shock:

The Law mandates 5mph then abide by it!!! :o :o

You know as well as I do that if it is going to be a 5mph restriction, Half the boats will not show up. And I'm sure that you or Corey will be out there with radar guns trying to get anyone going over 5 dq'ed.
There were only two boats that did that, hmmmmmmmm I own one of them. Bob Gamble now owns they other, but did not at that time.

Dont hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

Please understand that I am referring to the angler's choosing to violate the 5mph mandate during the 2006 TOC.

Are we going to go through this argument again?
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Brian,

You brought it up!! So now we will drop it!!! 8) 8)

Now as far as the fishing goes!! :D :D

Anyone with any background on Folsom as a bass fishery knows that when that pond gets low the bite can be absolutely awesome!! Then again that's usually November - January

My arm hurts from patting my back too much so I gotta stop typing now :P :P :P :P
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

the 5mph thing is over, not gonna do any good to rehash it.........and as scott stated he doesnt wanna deal with that situation again and i wouldnt either..
SABP

Two words.....

Post by SABP »

Kick-boats & Flippers.

Lets see kb get one of those on pad.

Plus some of you guys could use a little extra exercise.

HeHe
Jeff Garmeson

Post by Jeff Garmeson »

Natomas Lake...it's still Folsom water and it's always full!

Scott - I would like to think that most would prefer to not deal with the 5mph B.S. and wait until there is an adequate amount water. We appreciate your concern and eagerly await your final decision...

BTW - the Folsom Bass Team fishes all of the lakes that Craig listed and many of the anglers that fish the FBL are members of the Folsom Bass Team, if Scott decides to holds off for awhile and you are looking for some friendly, quality competition on local waters, I highly recommend stopping by one of our future meetings, the new season starts in October...Please feel free to check out the website for additional information.

http://folsombassteam.com/php/html/index.php

Jeff Garmeson
President
Folsom Bass Team
"Die Trying"
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Please allow me to throw in my 1/2 penny. My plans are to fish the Folsom bass league this year as me and my partner must improve our TOC finish from last year.

Anyway as far as having a complete tournament schedule dont rush to put it out. I say if the conditions are are not condusive then wait until they are.

In the mean time if you want to run some bragging right tournements at say Oroville and Berryessa then do so. If they fit my schedule then I will be there with partner in tow.

I mean what is the rush it is only august and your plan was to conflict with as few tournament trails as possible anyway.

Maybe we can have a swimbait only tourney at Pardee so Mark can whoop us up real good.
CV

Post by CV »

1) Pedro
2) Camanche
3) Delta
4) Pedro (January or Feb)
5) Folsom (Once the rains start)
6) Folsom
7) Folsom
8) Folsom
etc

:roll:
GET THE NET!!!
hydrate2o

Post by hydrate2o »

Scott, whatever you put together I will support. I intend on fishing them all. I know that it is very hard sometimes to please all. If you need my help I am so very happy to do what i can to make this a great year. I am looking for a partner, Kent are you there? Mike, Ron..... Hello. :)
Life is much to short to get upset over the little things, most things are little.
rangerpilot

Post by rangerpilot »

Dan, if you are still in need of a backseater for FBL, rangerpilot would be willing to become "ranger co-pilot" for a season. I'm still inbetween boats, and I would like to be able to support Scott's efforts as I have done since the ole turkey-shoot days.