Question Westernbass Forum?

Hipster

Question Westernbass Forum?

Post by Hipster »

Have you seen an increase or decrease in activity with the introduction to the new forum format?

I am sure a lot less babysitting, but I notice the moderators seem to post more often than others, is it just me?

Inquiring minds,

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Bill K

Re: Question Westernbass Forum?

Post by Bill K »

Maybe more of the old time regulars and moderators, but it is
growing and sure is not full of the junk as before, since they have
to register.. I like it. Just have not figured out how to delete a post I have made, when I want to delete. Gator, do you pull up and then after clicking delete, hit submit or what? Thank you Bill K
Gator

Actually traffic is about the same

Post by Gator »

It just appears as less due to the compacted threads.....

To answer your question Bill, there should be a box with an X in it way over to the right of your post that you can click and delete your post. Then a screen will come up and ask if you are sure. Click yes and the post is gone.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.
sTony

Give it some time...

Post by sTony »

and learn all about what you can now do with the new software. This thing is so far superior to the old format it's not even a debatable point. The old forum was a dinosaur that was tough to manuver around in and we were getting more and more requests to upgrade. We have and we won't be looking back. It's much like when we changed over to a new classified system. People supposedly hated it and we were told it wasn't user friendly. Time has shown it was a good decision and folks prefer the new classified system it just took a bit of time to learn it.

Given time we will see more people using this forum then ever dreamed of using the old system. It offers protections, it offers more features and will save users time when reviewing forum posts to boot.

sTony
Mark Langner

I'm lovin the new format....but I do miss

Post by Mark Langner »

the feature we use to have where you'd be reading several responses to a topic and you could reply to a specific post.....then if the person who did that post had the email notify turned on, they'd know you made a comment. It was sort of like chatting with that person within the chat. I miss that feature alot. Now if I reply, and am trying to reply to a specific post, I have to put something in the subject to try and convey that, and I have to hope that the person went back to read the thread. Just me, I'll get over it.
sTony

One suggestion...

Post by sTony »

is to use the quote feature and bring the remark you're speaking to within your own post and then reply. I have the email notification turned on and get responses within the thread to posts I've responded to.

sTony
Hipster

sTony, I get an automated e-mail

Post by Hipster »

to my inbox but it does not relay any message or who wrote it just that your post was responded in westernbass.com. Am i missing a setting?

Mark

Mark
sTony

Mark

Post by sTony »

The email you receive should have a link on it and if you click on that link it'll take you right to the response in the thread.

sTony
Jim Conlow Sr.

I am taking a wait and see attitude

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

I just dont think it is as conversational as it used to be. I truly hope you guys are right about it being better. So far I have lots of doubts.
I am learning a lot more about it all the time but, the old forum was intuitional and you seemed to know what to do with out a learning curve.

Jim
sTony

Well guys...

Post by sTony »

hope it's not too frank but it's not like we're going to change back. To date there have been more posts to the new forums then in the last couple weeks of the old forum so whatever the perception, it's not a correct one.

Funny thing is everyone said they wanted accountability and other things that you'd never get from the old forum. As a staff we're condifent that this program gives everyone more functionality. Should we hold classes to speed up your learning curve? Jim, you learned the last one at some point and it became institutional, as will this one for you with time.

Like I said at the top, we're not looking backward and always looking forward. It's the nature of the internet. If a better program were to come around down the road we'd consider that change as well.

sTony
Farres

Re: Question Westernbass Forum?

Post by Farres »

This format is so far superior to the old it's not even comparable. You'll really appreciate it when a hot topic gets going with four dozen posts, and you can read them all in two clicks versus 48 clicks.

Thanks sTony--you've done good!
mac (Doyle McEwen)

I can understand a

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Lot of the current dislikes, as well as the likes..My personal opinion is that it is one hell of a lotbetter..I took me a couple of days to figure out how to use it, but I really enjoy it now..I still have a ton to learn on the overall system, but hey, I have the time..Thanks guys for the advancement in my favorite forum..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
gt5bass

I really like the new format...

Post by gt5bass »

...It allows me to get the threads I want to read fast and skip the threads I don't with out any effort.

I for one really appreciate the change. 8)

Keep up the good work sTony and staff.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
Fish Chris

Well sTony....

Post by Fish Chris »

I have to say, I do actually prefer the new forum format. Now coming from an oddball like me, that might just make you want to change it back to the old one, more than anything else :-) ....but I hope not.

Peace,
Fish
mac (Doyle McEwen)

You may be weird Chris

But it is a good kind of weird..Just keep us informed about your successes..

mac
Ron C

The old format allowed for...

Post by Ron C »

...idiots to post derogatory comments or take pot shots anonymously. Like many others, this happened to me and it got old after awhile. (Although with Gator's help, I found out who it was and wasn't the least bit surprised). The new format prevents that type of crap from happening and adds accountability (and credibility) to everyone’s posts. Sure, it will take a little getting used to, but I (for one) really like it.
Hipster

AHHH but see it took a post like this one to get a long...

Post by Hipster »

thread started!!!!!

I am a Freak Nutcase been here since day one, longer than most of you have knwon about the internet. Hell like I have stated before, I have this page minimized and on for ten hours straight while at work and then another two to three hours at home every evening.

I was not seeing the traffic, So I posed the question and I seemed to have sparked some life.

Whether I or you like or dislike the forum is not up for discussion as sTony stated, but I want to see the friends I have made still use the forum as a means of communication and fun. That I was not seeing and still think it has a long way to go before the forum traffic is real busy again.

Mark

Mark
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Hey Mark

I know I am not a user anywhere as long as you have been, but I agree that I love to see and read a ton of new posts everyday..I too am on thesite a loteach day, as a matter of fact, I check it the first thing in the morning with my coffee and normally the last thing at night prior to calling it a day and hitting the sack..I really like the new format, just gotta spend more time on it to learn all of the neat tricks..

mac
Andy Giannini

New forum

Post by Andy Giannini »

Its cool, just new and unfamilar. Not sure how I feel about "Emoticons" but as misunderstandings happen easily, maybe they are a needed thing on the net? Guess it beats a "HAR!".

Coolest thing is getting rid of snipers taking shots at my friends.

It might take a bit to get comforatable, but it will be just like home...

Hey sTony, how about spellchecker for me, and maybe uuhh...Cooch? I know it would be a total waist of time. HAR!

That way I would come across in writing as entirely mour inteligent, and less illegetimate.

A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Jeff Jewell

I like it!

Post by Jeff Jewell »

At first I wasn't sure if I liked the forum change or not, it was different and people naturally don't like change alot. I like it alot now. Just look at this thread it is so much easier to read it would be under the old system. One click is all it takes now. My only problem is I can't tell wich posts I have already read, probally cause I'm colorblind, and the colors are to close together.

..............................................................................................
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
BShafer

New fourm

Post by BShafer »

I got to say that after going through the new fourm a few times to get the basics has helped me not to even consider the old fourm set up.

I've been reading and posting here for close to 9 years now and do enjoy this set up more than the old one becuase many of the advantages that have already been mention.

I'll second Andy for the spell check also. Now, I just need to figure out how to put a picture next my name and things will be good. 8)