Reaction Innovations has just screwed up my week!!!!

MyBullet

Reaction Innovations has just screwed up my week!!!!

Post by MyBullet »

I placed an order yesterday around 330pm for a bunch of Swamp Donkeys and this morning I went to leave for work and they were on my doorstep! Of course I had to open the box and check out all the sweet colors and imagine the explosions that were to come. So my problem is they arrived so fast and I can't hit the water until this weekend. I got express shipping in hopes I would get them by Friday I had no idea I would get them within 18 hours of placing the order. My hats off to these guys and I plan on placing all my orders online with them, this service is hard to beat!!!!!

I hope my Subject line gets more hits to let more people know what a great service these guys provide.

Thanks Reaction Innovations!!!

Mike
Fly'in V

Ditto!

Post by Fly'in V »

Ditto on the services from Reaction Innovations.

BUT I still haven't seen a Swamp Donkey?

where can I see one?

Fly'in V
PISCIS DIEM (Fish the Day)
Mark Langner

Swamp Donkeys....

Post by Mark Langner »

For what it's worth, I was out with Cooch the other day and he was throwing that Swamp Donkey....and it is impressive. The side to side "walk the dog" action was incredible....I plan to pick up some and give em a try.
MyBullet

Re: Reaction Innovations has just screwed up my week!!!!

Post by MyBullet »

Fly'in V email me your email address and I will shoot you a picture when I get home tonight.

Mike

Miket@nickelone.com
Gator

Here is a link.....

Post by Gator »

That Alton provided with a pic of the swamp donkey.

http://bigfishtools.com/ranger.html
Alax

Pictures??????????????????????????

Post by Alax »

Anyone have pictures of some of the other colors. I saw the picture Alton posted and it looks cool, but I would like to see what the other color scemes look like.

Alax
Tm Customs

Post by Tm Customs »

Where did you get the donkeys and how much were they?
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============
http://www.calfishing.com/gallery/tmcustoms
MyBullet

Post by MyBullet »

You can get them at the Hook Line & Sinker, they were out yesterday. So I went to Reactions website and ordered them there, they were like $8.00 a piece.

http://www.reactioninnovations.com/cart ... hp?cat=267
MrSkeeter

Walton's has them in San Leandro *nm*

Post by MrSkeeter »

nm
LukeBoden

Post by LukeBoden »

is the yellow bill color the same as a yellow headed blackbird?
ITS ALL GOOD
george

Mike, I will be happy to babysit them until the weekend! har

Post by george »

*NM*
catchnrelease

Legs vs No Legs

Post by catchnrelease »

Why is this frog gonna be better than Barracks "perfect" frog that came out last year? His bait has no legs and "walks" better. But the Donkey has legs. What's the difference? Do the Donkeys legs float a little bit above the water? Looks like it in the picture. Has anyone tried both yet?
C.

Don't waste your money...

Post by Guest »

I've been fishing them for over two weeks now every day on the delta and I'm landing more fish with Bobby's perfect frogs and modified Snag Proof frogs vs the Swamp Donkeys. I've been missing so many fish on these frogs that I've made the following modifications:

a. Boiled the frog for 2 min to make the body softer.
b. Opened the hooks up so that they are more exposed away from the body.
c. Sharpened the stock hooks several times as the hooks tend to not be very sharp/bend easily.
d. Modified the internal bend of the hook where it connects to the eyelet from a 25 deg angle to a 45 deg angle (with hooks opened up).
e. Made modifications to the frog color (added read to the nose of the white frogs).

Sorry to rain on your guys parade but if it's a fun fish day and I don't mind missing quite a few fish then throw the Swamp Donkey. Otherwise if it's a tournament or money is on the line you're better off leaving these at the dock. I've played around with 3 different frogs and all tend to have the same result.

That's just my $.02.
Dom

Ditto On the missed fish!

Post by Dom »

I just got back from The Delta went out of Rivers End and Ran to middle River the tide was high down this way so I tied on the green
Swamp Donkey that I just got from Daves Bass Shack last week.

Any way I see a huge swirl in less then what seemed like 6in. of water so I fired the SD to the bank gave it 2 quick jerks and just let it sit for about 1min the tide was moving it towards a tule point. as soon as I got past the tule point I gave it 2 more quick jerks to bring it back to the point, now this is open water mind you. All a sudden a mama just sucks it under and runs with it I feel her pull then I set!!! FISH ON! for a sec then the frog just popped out!!!!

I was pissed to say the least so I leave the spot and fish around thinking that this fish is on a bed I figured I would let her cool off for a min. I tie on a old school snag proof that my buddy Bassman modified for me (like the Bobby frog) and went back I fired it the same way this time on the first pass he nailed it !! 4lb'er in the boat! I still think I got the male and the female is still there becuase the first attack was bigger. So I work it over some more but she wasn't coming back.

First time with the SD and not sure if its the bait or just one of those things I will continue to throw it and see if I get the same results. By the way that was the only fish I caught in 4 hours of fishing man the Delta is tough!

Tight Lines Dom
Tight Lines Dom
CZ

Thanks Vince and Dom

Post by CZ »

I was starting to think I was the only one having trouble with the Swamp Donk and the hook up ratio. The frog certainly gets bite's its just getting those bites to the boat that really matters. I'll continue to play around with this little guy, cause they are a nice looking frog and walk like a charm even when your line is all up and over the tules, but the bobby frog puts the fish in the boat more times than not and it has been the reverse for me with the Swamp Donkey as of lately. I wish it had an EWG style hook. Im still not sure ill be trading out my snag proofs for this frog, but I do know I'd rather throw a vixen than a spook :D
Mark Langner

Hey Guys....about Frog Color on the Delta...

Post by Mark Langner »

Obviously you guys are getting some fish to come to the frogs out there on the river....is color mattering much ??? I'm tending to throw a green back, white belly frog...just havn't been bit yet and I'm anxious to get into some frog fish (might not be in the correct areas)....thanks

Keep it simple...

Post by Guest »

Right now I'm getting more blow ups on White (or white with a little bit of red in it), however I'm also getting blow ups on green, black, yellow headed black bird, Sparrow and the Baby Duck color from Snag proof. I can't tell you which color is better for what situations however I would keep it simple. Right now I think color is less of an issue with the ones listed above vs the speed in which you work the bait.

Right now all you need to think is SLOW SLOW SLOW. Fish it as slow as you can with longer pauses until the fish tell you how they want it. Each day presents itself with a new set of conditions and challenges on the water whereever you fish. If you're fishing with someone else I would just make sure that the boater/non-boater are throwing different colors and mixing up different retrieve rations until you figure out what they want under those conditions.

Once you figure it out WRITE IT DOWN along with the weather conditions for the last 48 hours. Once you start to figure out the pattern you'll be better equipted next time you're on the water.
Mark Langner

Thanks Vince....*NM*

Post by Mark Langner »

*NM*
MyBullet

Post by MyBullet »

Last 2 trips out I have had roughly 40 explosions on the frog and my in the boat ration is 15:1. I have been using Bobbys frog and the reg Snagproof ones. Seeing how my hook up ratio is so small I figured I would go with the swamp donkey. First thing you will say is make sure the fish has it, these fish are just smashing it and I can't seem to get em in the boat. I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried letting them hold it for 5 seconds and then setting, setting instantly when the fish blows on it. The only fish I seem to catch are the ones that have it all the way down in their mouth. Are they just nailing the tail? Heh I don't know.

Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?
Elmhurst bassman

Post by Elmhurst bassman »

MyBullet,
I used to have the same issue when I started Froggin'. I got many pointers from everyone but the one that seemed to work for me best was a countdown when the fish would swirl on the frog. I count '1-mississippi-2' as I reel down to the fish and then unload on the fish. To this day when I am froggin' I still catch myself saying 1 mississippi 2 and I chuckle because something so simple worked. Funny how things all come together when you slow down.

P.S. make sure your hooks are sharp or better yet replace them with the Gammy EWG.

My .02 cents...worth more in some places...less in others
Tm Customs

Post by Tm Customs »

IMO the frogzilla has the best hook up ratio that monster hook really stings them! I like to throw the zilla and bobbys frog in cicadia, Black and white keep it simple. These have had the best hook up ratio for me.
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============
Tm Customs

Post by Tm Customs »

I just talked w/ several guys who want there money back on the swamp donkeys they said they lost several fish on them and the weights fall off! I am saving my money.
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============