Best place to put in with my 4 year old?

David McKenzie

Well..

Post by David McKenzie »

Colero might be a good bet. Close Parking , short ramp etc..and you will more than likely catch a few fish. Go early and getting in & out won't be a problem. Have fun!!
TritonBrent

Re: Best place to put in with my 4 year old?

Post by TritonBrent »

Congrats on being able to take the boy out for the first time. I know the feeling. My boy will be 4 in August but i've already had him out a few times and he does great. Besides every other cast he makes flying up over the tules and me retying hooks most of the day, it really is alot of fun. He just stands either next to me or even by himself on the back of the boat just casting away. 2 weekends ago he landed a 2 1/2lbr on a senco. It was so cool to see him lean over the boat and release his catch after we took pictures. He LOVES to fish, bass fishing is his most favorite thing (he gets that from his dad) He gets so so mad every week when i go fishing without him. Another couple years he'll be able to be my tourney partner. Goodluck and have fun with him !

Brent
Gator

In your area.....

Post by Gator »

Definitely Calero. Quick launch and short retrieve. During the week not as crowded.
Fish Chris

The most important thing is......

Post by Fish Chris »

he has to catch a fish.... or several ! Size is totally not important, as every fish he catches will be a trophy ! And that first one, will be his PB, no matter the size :-)

Personally, I would ask around, and even try a quick trip by myself with redworms under a bobber for some Sunfish, where ever they might be found. Clear Lk. would be an awersome choice, but maybe a long drive.

Whatever you do though, don't forget to bring a good camera ! That first catch of his, just has to be recorded, as it will only happen once in a lifetime. He will totally appreciate this 30 years from now.

Good luck to you and your son, the future pro-angler :-)

Peace,
Fish