Camping N Fishing

Chato

Camping N Fishing

Post by Chato »

Anyone know of any really good lakes where you can camp on the shore and fish all night. With campgrounds. Good fishing.
Fishin' Dave

Re: Camping N Fishing

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Tulloch South Shore. It is less crowded after labor day so you should be fine. Water level remains the same until Thanksgiving. Second choice would be Ladds in Stockton.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

M&M Camp Ground, Clear Lake, CA
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

Clear Lake state park (certain sites. Lake Sonoma has a bunch of boat in sites, and Lake Berryessa.
fishercurtis

Post by fishercurtis »

One recommendation. Don't Bring The Wife. A camping/fishing trip almost ended in divorce for me. Did that a couple years ago and apparently there are duties when campings, organization, planning the day and other BS. Guys do this with your buddies only. Nobody cares if the tent is organized and all the dishes are washed. Make the coffee, eat a donut and hit the water and come back whenever you feel like it. :evil:
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
ironmanlu377

Post by ironmanlu377 »

spanish flat at berryessa comanche is good to but a little pricey
Wishin I was Fishin
BASS REAPERS
Smileee

Post by Smileee »

Don Pedro - Fleming Meadows - plenty of shade, hot showers & flush toilets.
I use to take my family and friends there and the women loved it because of the clean restrooms with hot showers. My son would walk and fish the shoreline for bass - always had fresh fish for dinner.

:D :D :D
Smileee
Matt Moreau

Post by Matt Moreau »

You could always goto New Melones too! But i dont know about the water level as i havent been thar in awhile. Last time i checked it was FREE though... Ask Dave as he knows that area really well.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

Matthew Moreau
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Lake Sonoma, between Santa Rosa and Cloverdale, a few miles West of 101. They have boat-in camping all around the lake, plus a big "traditional" campground for RV's, tents, trailers, etc. Take the Dry Creek Rd exit off 101
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Melones and Pedro are LOW. You will not be camping ON the water. You will need to select Tulloch, Delta, or Clear Lake (I heard it's low too??) this time of year.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Chato

Post by Chato »

Don Pedro looked really nice. But if the water is really low I'll pass. but Lake Sanoma looked really nice. I think i might try that place. Hows the fishing in there. What species they have there
BassNCop

Heads up about Don Pedro campground......

Post by BassNCop »

They don't allow dogs. At times I wonder about their enforcement of this rule. They seem to bend the rules or over overlook a few. Everytime I go through the campground I see a few dogs. Well not a gamble I'm willing to take. I suggest to camp at McSwain. From there it's just a short drive to McClure or Pedro. Heck if your into trout fishing the lake is a short walk.