river2sea frogs??

lmartinez

river2sea frogs??

Post by lmartinez »

i was wondering what you guys thought of the river2sea frogs i just bought the large 3\4oz frog looks pretty good any ifo would be great thanks len 8)
jamescaird

Re: river2sea frogs??

Post by jamescaird »

They fish awesome, but are not durable at all. They like to sink too after a few throws. But they do fish great and hook up very easily!!! I can no longer justify a $10 frog though that can get ripped to shreds on the 1st fish.
Phil

Post by Phil »

COULD SOMEONE GO INTO MORE DETAIL PLEASE AS ....SNAG PROOF VRS RIVER2SEA VRS SPRO VRS THE RAT VRS BASS PRO SHOPS..........JUST CURIOUS WHAT IS THE BEST AND MOST OF ALL WHY...................RUBBER, SKIRTS, HOOKS, ETC ETC ??

THANK YOU

JIGS
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

At Clear Lake we hooked 6 to 7 bass on one #65, and woorked the heck out of it for two days, used it Sat at the WRL tourniment in the Delta and it still is holding up well, it looks fine and swims great, just hafe to pump on its belly every couple of cast to exit the water. The hook up rate is very good, The fish seem to eat it.
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I put a dab of silicone where the hook comes out, to slow the water pickup. It still collapses enough for a good hookset, but it slows down how much water it picks up.
I like how the R2S frog walks, if you shorten the legs about an inch, and cut out ten strands on each side.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
GITBIT

Post by GITBIT »

If you buy the ones with the black butt plug on the hook, the sinking problem goes way down. They may not be quite as durable as a Snag Proof but I think the hook up ratio is way better. Worth the trade off for me. I would also like to thank River2Sea for their great and speedy customer service. Can't beat that either.

Mike
I know you are but what am I?
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

lmartinez wrote:i was wondering what you guys thought of the river2sea frogs i just bought the large 3\4oz frog looks pretty good any ifo would be great thanks len 8)
Thanks for the tip, I never heard of these, just ordered one.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
bassrockstar

Post by bassrockstar »

I personally prefer using the SPRO's after testing all of the different frogs. The R2S frog walks well and hooks up well but gets annoying with the water problem. The SPRO walks well after al ittle modification of trimming the skirt and lets no water in. I have my one lucky frog that has caught probably 40 fish and still never has to be squeezed. The SPRO is just more durable, better skirt, and great hook up ratio. Just stick with the bigger one not the junior....the Jr. tends to roll a little over mats and gets the hooks down.